GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 06:47:30 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cant launch GES  (Read 5375 times)

Fa11en_Ange1_58

Cant launch GES
« on: April 12, 2010, 02:06:02 am »

I just can't launch GoldenEye Source.

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
Re: Cant launch GES
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 02:14:47 am »

You need way more information than this.
-Do you have the Orange Box SDK installed?
-Do you have any source games installed?
-Did you pay for those source games? Or get them from then ATI or Nvidia deal?
-Have you tried reinstalling?
-Make sure you are installing Beta 4.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 02:44:34 pm »

I just can't launch GoldenEye Source.

We just can't help without info.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Jedireaper

• I Love Co-op :P
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Jedireaper has no influence.
    • KMC Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 06:02:45 pm »

Hi. I have been having the same problem. GES won't even launch. Every time I click on it, it takes me to the Steam Client and opens the store. And thats it. I tried to follow the install instructions but they appear to be outdated. I need help to launch the awsome game.

I have Portal, and it was free from Steam.
I have no idea what the Orange Box SDK is.
Have I tried reinstalling; well, yes.
It is Beta 4.EXE

Help OldeneyeGenobi your my only hope! (lol)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 06:11:26 pm by Jedireaper »

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 06:33:19 pm »

Go to your tools tab in Steam, if you see 'Source SDK Base 2007' then install it. You need this installed to play GE:S.

However, if free Portal is the only source game you have then you will not have Source SDK Base, which is required to both play and develop Source mods. It isn't available with free editions of Source.

If this is the case you'll need to purchase a Valve Source game on your Steam account. If you're looking to pay very little, then Half-Life 2 Deathmatch is incredibly cheap. If you want the most bang for your buck then buy the Orange Box, 5 great source games (including portal) for a great price.

Also, if you're using a Mac, forget it, there's no Mac support on any mods yet.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 06:35:08 pm by Mangley »
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Jedireaper

• Agent
    • KMC Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 07:10:56 pm »

What about the HalfLife2 Demo?

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 08:34:27 pm »

As I said, if it was free then it will not include the Source SDK. Without Source SDK you cannot play mods.

That would logically include demos and trial versions of Source games. The reason is that Valve doesn't give out their development tools and resources for free. I can see you're reluctant to pay any money, I like getting things for free too, but everyone who plays GE:S has purchased a Source game.

Only the paid versions of these games include Source SDK. I cannot state it any clearer. There is no way around it, you cannot play the mod without Steam and SDK.

Jedireaper

• Agent
    • KMC Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 08:41:42 pm »

Okay. I have bought the Deathmatch game, and GoldenEye Source works, but I have a problem. The guns don't make noise. I have tried a LAN game to test it out, the guns hitting surfaces works but no noise from the gun itself.

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 08:53:15 pm »

Are other sounds working such as environmental sounds like doors opening? Can you hear the music? Check your volume settings in options... That's all I can think of.
Pages: [1]   Go Up