GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 12:32:53 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Classic N64 Gun Models?  (Read 4157 times)

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Steam Account
Classic N64 Gun Models?
« on: April 10, 2010, 02:24:09 am »

If we wanted to make the classic 64 gun models, animations and everything, would it be possible? or would we practically be wasting time? Also, is there a pack of the gun models already made? Thanks!

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Classic N64 Gun Models?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 03:48:10 am »

Wasting time.

The classic models were very low poly and the textures very low resolution, really I don't see the point in creating a carbon-copy, considering the originals were only like that because of the restraints of the technology of the time.

Even though they're low in detail, they would still take an unreasonable effort to make and would for the most part be taken for granted and would also possibly fail to recapture as much nostalgia as you would like.

Imagine yourself playing on ge_library right now, but with original textures... blurred, smudged, undefined... Personally I'd get sick of that pretty fast, especially knowing how crisp and fresh things can look with high resolution textures. I'm sure I would be just as irked playing with blocky low res characters and weapons.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 12:33:37 pm »

If you wish to you must distribute it yourself somehow, because we dont support things that seem like rips and if you were to recreate it that well it would then be an unnecesary risk for us to allow links to it on our public board.

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Steam Account
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 08:08:36 pm »

Yes i agree. thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up