GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 03:43:29 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sounds not heard at correct distance  (Read 4373 times)

c t e

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • c t e has no influence.
sounds not heard at correct distance
« on: March 12, 2010, 12:39:00 pm »

hi all!

i got a set of surround 5.1 headphones a few days ago.  i have never used any surround sound stuff before so i might have messed up settings somewhere with this.  having said that, i have been playing other games without any audio distance issues.

so my problem is, i have my audio settings set to 5.1 in game.  on some maps (most noticeable is cradle) i can hear gun shots as if they are right next to me, but in reality they are on the other side of the map.  with cradle for example, i can spawn right on the outer edge  of the map (by one of the 3 lifts at the end of the long bridges)  and hear everyone in the middle shooting as if they were beside me.

is this a problem with my setup? 

thanks for any help guys.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: sounds not heard at correct distance
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 01:14:36 pm »

Most likely a problem with us. We need to look over our sound scripts because we implemented a fix for the rolling explosions that makes them spatial (distance and direction) that will be coming out in v4.1.

c t e

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • c t e has no influence.
Re: sounds not heard at correct distance
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 06:07:45 pm »

ah, ok.  yea, explosions have no directional sound properties at all for me.  i see.  thanks for the info killermonkey.   :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up