GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 23, 2024, 08:46:37 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Few suggestions.  (Read 3571 times)

BlackDynamite

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • BlackDynamite has no influence.
Few suggestions.
« on: March 07, 2010, 12:29:04 am »

Long time player, first time poster. Here's a few suggestions that might be good.

1. Strafing.

In Goldeneye 64, whenever a person would strafe, your character moves faster than you would walking in a straight direction. This would help for those annoying times when you're trying to slap/knife someone, but you just can't seem to catch up to them.

2. Climbable vent in bathroom for classic facility.

I was kinda puzzled when you guys added the invisible ladder in the Source Facility but not the Classic. It is also possible to climb up there in the 64, so there shouldn't had been any reason not to implement it in some way. I hate when people respawn up there, and they won't come out of the vent.

3. Multicore rendering?

Don't know if it's possible, but it would definitely make a huge difference in the FPS department. I recently saw the big change with TF2, and man, the gameplay is even smoother than the X-Box 360/PS3 versions. Just wondering if it would be in any possible to implement it.

Hmmmmm..... I guess that's about all I can think of right now at the moment. The mod is a huge step from the last update, and I hope you guys keep up the great work. Me and my friends are finally able to recapture the feeling of our youth when we use to play GE on the 64, and up to this day, we still remember the game by heart. Thanks for the mod.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 12:30:54 am by BlackDynamite »

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Few suggestions.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 12:54:34 am »

1: Strafing to run faster is in GE:S, but you have to be strafing into a wall rather than moving diagonally. There's also wiggle-walking.

2: Notice the height allowance in facility's vents to allow you to stand up at the top of the ladder. In source you can't crouch whilst climbing a ladder. So there's no room to dismount up there in facility_classic. I expect it can be changed so that you can.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 01:08:56 am »

3. Multicore rendering *should* be enabled. If not there is a convar to do it (google it). Regardless it doesn't make much of a difference since the things offloaded are blur effect and particles. Comparing anything from the PC to XBOX/PS3 is LOL. Those systems are so underpowered its not even funny, they have a lot of hacks and cutbacks built into their games so the "look" good, plus they are clamped to run at most 1080p which is a rather low resolution on a PC and rarely if ever have AA enabled (or very low setting).

Cyan

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Cyan has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 08:24:20 am »

I thought 1080p is 1920 x 1080, which though not duel screen is still above average even for gaming machines.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 08:52:57 am »

1920x1200 here

Technically I have 5280 x 1200
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 11:48:32 am »

AFAIK, Xbox360 internal rendering is on 720p but it will be upscalled to match 1080p.
So not even true 1080p on 360.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 06:13:53 pm »

I thought 1080p is 1920 x 1080, which though not duel screen is still above average even for gaming machines.

That's for 16:9. As far as I know most monitors for computers are 16:10. I am going to correct myself, because Kraid brings up a good point. Most of this 1080 business is upscaled (although PS3 may not be) but I think I remember if you run 1080 on the PS3 it disables AA.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 07:40:46 am »

I don't know about you guys, but whenever i run a game at 1920x1080..having AA on really doesn't make much of a difference in looks at all...the res is so high that it looks pretty much the same. Anybody else feel that way?

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 09:24:58 am »

Fast pace gameplay you really wont notice, specially when the map is small like GE:S. But with larger map games its noticeable and such.

Play Cradle with no AA, then with 16X... you'll never turn back.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 12:40:28 pm »

Play Cradle with no AA, then with 16X... you'll never turn back.

QFT. I did the exact thing, running 16x Quint now haha
Pages: [1]   Go Up