GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 18, 2024, 01:28:10 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disabling specific weapons in the "random" weaponset  (Read 5311 times)

Deadly Porkchop

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Deadly Porkchop has no influence.
Disabling specific weapons in the "random" weaponset
« on: February 24, 2010, 07:40:40 pm »

I was wondering if there's a way to disable specific weapons in when using the random weaponset. Generally, the random weaponset is really nice but there are some specific weapons that would be nice to not have spawn in. Is there a way to single out weapons or is it something to just put up with?

Also, I posted MONTHS ago asking for a way to disable armor. I had saved the file then lost it and it is unable to be downloaded again (presumably because it was a personal upload and has been taken down). Is it possible see that happen again, or someone explain how it's done? I'm not very good toying with LUA myself.

Any help would be great.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
Re: Disabling specific weapons in the "random" weaponset
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 07:44:04 pm »

I can't answer the first part.

http://forums.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/topic,3480.0.html
You might need help from KM, Lodle or VC..  its in python now.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Deadly Porkchop

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 07:57:42 pm »

Yeah I went back to that thread first to hopefully get the body armor download and found it was down. Figured since I had an entirely new question on top of that to start a new thread :/ I was unaware of the change to Python but I'm in pretty much the same boat.

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 08:05:44 pm »

Could you not emove the entity name using cheats when map is changed?

sv_cheats "1"
ent_remove_all "body armour name"
sv_cheats "0"

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 02:48:10 am »

buddha sniper opportunity.

The random-select system is weighted; if you know of any troublemakers, just let us known and we can consider reducing its frequency.

Also, we ensured that only one Mine type would appear at a time, perhaps we should expand that to one explosive type instead?
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 03:32:28 am »

Could you not emove the entity name using cheats when map is changed?

sv_cheats "1"
ent_remove_all "body armour name"
sv_cheats "0"

You should stop giving advice lol.

If you did this (even if it DID work) it would disable achievements on your server for every map. As soon as you turn cheats on in a server for that map, the achievements will not process even if you turn them off again.

No Armor DM will be coded up tomorrow (forgot to make one for python for you guys).

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 03:45:03 am »

Gotta name it Dr.No Armor   ;)
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 07:05:11 am »

No armor is candy for little baby children who spam.  Their tiny infant 12.5% and 17.5% damage hits keep getting buffed out by armor picks so they need to take armor away so they can eventually count to 100.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

Deadly Porkchop

• Agent
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 07:48:07 pm »

In regards to the armor pick ups it's just a personal preferance. Sometimes we don't care, sometimes we'd rather have no armor. We enjoy it when we're playing normally (especially Live and Let Die) but sometimes we'd rather have the "Holy crap I'm almost dead whatdoIdo" scenario going on. No Armor DM as a mode would be pretty awesome and thanks for implimenting it.

It's not a matter of any specific weapon being a trouble maker, such as having too many explosives. It was more a question to see if we could single out certain weapons we just don't want in our private games as we enjoy using Random but when it does something like spawn 3 autoshotguns it's kind of iffy since the shotguns seem to have crazy mid-range and sometimes long damage capabilities. Would've been nice to have the ability to single out weapons but eh. If you can't you can't and that's fine, especially when everything else is so well done so far.

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 10:27:43 pm »

One way would be to make a bunch of custom loadouts with a lot of everything you like and nothing that you don't want.  Using Random Set, you'll get the mixture you choose.  You could easily make that with a shell script.
Pages: [1]   Go Up