GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:51:52 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GoldenEye Source Review on Media Mash-Up!  (Read 7545 times)

GeneralChurch

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • GeneralChurch is looked down upon.
GoldenEye Source Review on Media Mash-Up!
« on: February 22, 2010, 05:06:03 pm »

Media Mash-Up, this show that reviews movies, tv shows and games took a shot at PC modifications.  Check this stuff out!

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
Re: GoldenEye Source Review on Media Mash-Up!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 06:12:13 pm »

This guy is misinformed :P

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

GeneralChurch

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 06:16:52 pm »

This guy is misinformed :P

So i am?  based on the resolutions of the video output and graphical mapping the textures filled a 720x480 HD output through DVI.  how am i wrong lol yeah its me... im that guy.  I am willing to redo the segment and release by wednesday if you want to critique in a helpful way.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 07:28:40 pm »

'HD graphics' is a fallacy born out of the latest console era. There's really no such thing. People can make a game with 32x32 textures and display it on 780p and call it HD graphics so long as it doesn't look like shit. Just call it 'modern', 'up to date' or 'high-resolution' graphics, which is what it is comparatively to N64.

Also that's not how you install Source mods. You just install the files and restart Steam. It's the same for everyone.

Also you might want to be more clear about the Source games bit. You need to have purchased a Valve Source game on your Steam account. For instance Half-Life 2 etc... Half-Life isn't on the Source engine.

Apart from that it was entertaining, you could replace the stills with game footage to make it a little more interesting. Displaying video behind you instead of a still of facility would be great.

Nice video though.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 07:30:41 pm by Mangley »
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 07:58:52 pm »

'HD graphics' is a fallacy born out of the latest console era. There's really no such thing. People can make a game with 32x32 textures and display it on 780p and call it HD graphics so long as it doesn't look like shit. Just call it 'modern', 'up to date' or 'high-resolution' graphics, which is what it is comparatively to N64.

Also that's not how you install Source mods. You just install the files and restart Steam. It's the same for everyone.

Also you might want to be more clear about the Source games bit. You need to have purchased a Valve Source game on your Steam account. For instance Half-Life 2 etc... Half-Life isn't on the Source engine.

Apart from that it was entertaining, you could replace the stills with game footage to make it a little more interesting. Displaying video behind you instead of a still of facility would be great.

Nice video though.

QFT
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Kinky

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 08:15:01 pm »

Sorry i may have come across as rude, was working my ass off at uni :P

I meant in response to "If you have Half Life you can run this" ...not true, might want to revise this.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 08:40:23 pm »

He does say "Source game"
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 08:55:50 pm »

Yeah but don't forget.. it has to be one of Valve's Source games.

The Ship uses the Source engine, but it's not Valve's game... so you don't get SDK with it.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Kinky

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 08:59:29 pm »

Does Half Life: Source give you the SDK Bases?

GeneralChurch

• Agent
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 05:27:18 am »

Sorry i may have come across as rude, was working my ass off at uni :P

I meant in response to "If you have Half Life you can run this" ...not true, might want to revise this.

mine installed off of the original half life not hl2 and works like a dream. but i will revise it.  thanks for the input guys, i will revise it thursday and post the new one friday
Pages: [1]   Go Up