GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 03:50:36 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Easter Egg Mission : ge_cradle / About B4 Cradle  (Read 6747 times)

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Easter Egg Mission : ge_cradle / About B4 Cradle
« on: February 21, 2010, 05:41:06 am »

Cradle Easter Egg / Back Story Official Thread

Back-story:

As many of you know Cradle for Beta3 was a fun map, but had some serious multiplayer issues, mostly do to its extreme camping nature. And anyone who has played a MP match on Beta3 Cradle will have a rage moment with the pill boxes at the top and someone camping in the towers the whole round.

And I was the number one person to complain on how this is a poor multiplayer map(don't get me wrong, a great map, just had some serious flaws) So Wake recruited me to convert this map into a map that would hopefully fit into the new polished Beta. At first I was going to just simply fix the pill boxes and towers, and that would be it.

But soon after starting work, and seeing how much more potential this map had, I dug a little deeper in. And with the help of some of the top Cradle players (JcFerggy, CCSaint, Macc 1.666, and Hellbender) I sought out to make a more multiplayer friendly map.

For me a multiplayer map is one with flow, and keeping it a equal fight for everyone.  So for flow, the addition of the walkway linking the middle section of the Cradle was added to link the front and back. Also the old stairs that use to lead to this section was replaced with a more GE007 Cradle style stairs. Then the addition of the dual walkway at the bottom of the Cradle was added to add a nostalgic factor, and add more flow to the bottom. Lastly the 2 rooms at the top of Cradle body were redone to allow flow and add a new take on cradle's use and development.

Keeping the player moving is important, but so is making it a equal fight. So to reduce camping the Pill boxes at the top of cradle were modified to allow the player to rest in there, but while resting your out of the fight, and cannot fight. And the complete rebuilding of the three towers were done to remove possibility of someone just camping in the back, and also added another nostalgic factor with the elevators.

And of course the small lighting and fog changes just to give it that sexy Beta4 look. But as the map sat almost complete, the main reports I were getting back from testing was..... "WE WANT DAT CARTRIDGES!!!"

Cradle DAT Cartridges:

I added 5 DAT Cartridges to the map to allow for some down time fun. There not super hard to find, but will be fun so see how long it takes you guys. I also added another small Easter Egg, if you find this one you get a cookie.

I wrote this just cause I like to read reasons for why people change things, and progression on things.

WARNING

Below may include the location of the cartridge spots. Please be careful if you don't want any spots revealed to you!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 08:38:04 pm by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Easter Egg Mission : ge_cradle / About B4 Cradle
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 02:58:56 pm »

I found all 5 :-D

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 04:51:38 pm »

Aww, I was the one who recruited you major :P It was an epic movement which acted in the pure benefit of the playing public. And look, cradle is now everyones crazy but fair (now) choice for GE:S chaos.

Get on this shit community ;) Find dem cartridges

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 05:03:59 pm »

I found the 3 most obvious ones.. I'm really stumped as to where the other two are  :P you've hidden these well considering cradle doesn't have many hiding spots for things.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 05:24:12 pm »

HINT: Check the support beams on all three levels

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 08:38:58 pm »

Edit for wake ;)

And jeez KM, why not just post pictures, your hints are locations :P

And all the DAT's are visible, no need to noclip to find any.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

EMH Mark I

• Earthworm Jimbo
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 06:41:33 am »

And all the DAT's are visible, no need to noclip to find any.

Not an easy find at all considering you only get a quarter second glimpse of it midway from crouching on the table  :-*

« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 07:02:39 pm by EMH Mark I »
Pages: [1]   Go Up