GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:33:15 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: GES Update 02/05/10 [February Report] Code + more!  (Read 40496 times)

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: GES Update 02/05/10 [February Report] Code + more!
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2010, 03:46:48 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WHAT THE!?

THERE IS NO JUSTICE IN THE WORLD
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 04:04:47 pm by Wake[of]theBunT »
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2010, 04:08:24 pm »

WHAT THE!?

I hope that's not from MGS4, cuz if so; I haven't played it yet. (Or MG or MG2).

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2010, 04:19:10 pm »

WHAT THE!?

Yeah, we are sorry to the fans of the mod and developer podcasts that this happened. We are working on something to make up for this.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2010, 07:11:56 pm »

One kid on the podcast site was cursing and bashing will. it's unfortunate he lost the files, it's a mistake and shit happened. We lost the files for surface. No one is perfect, and people learn from mistakes.

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2010, 07:41:32 pm »

I'm glad I was in the live show... but it's a real shame that this happened... I'm kicking myself actually because I was considering recording it at the time.

Gabbo

• Cate Archer's secret lover
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2010, 11:59:06 pm »

One kid on the podcast site was cursing and bashing will. it's unfortunate he lost the files, it's a mistake and shit happened. We lost the files for surface. No one is perfect, and people learn from mistakes.
Exactly. Perhaps a 2nd interview will be that much better?

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2010, 01:02:52 am »

I'd love a 2nd pre-beta 4 interview, please do one! It might seem a little tedious... But well, I'd be happy to listen to all of that stuff again. You can even improve on it!

diesal11

• you know how they say "the grass is greener on the other side"? well I forgot to water that shit
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • diesal11 has no influence.
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2010, 04:31:44 am »

That was prolly me i have apologized since.
i wanted to hear the interview is all :(

Gabbo

• Cate Archer's secret lover
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2010, 06:23:57 am »

I'd love a 2nd pre-beta 4 interview, please do one! It might seem a little tedious... But well, I'd be happy to listen to all of that stuff again. You can even improve on it!
I meant in the future, unless that's what Wake meant

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Steam Account
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2010, 06:32:44 am »

Beta 4.1? Duh.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2010, 07:48:23 am »

After Beta 4, we are intending on dropping the Beta tag.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2010, 10:00:09 am »

Good.  One of my spies reports that there are a bunch of people he knows that don't play specifically because the title contains the letter sequence b-e-t-a.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2010, 01:13:05 pm »

Good.  One of my spies reports that there are a bunch of people he knows that don't play specifically because the title contains the letter sequence b-e-t-a.
Please keep in mind that if it is released as just ges or ges version 1.0, that people are going to think "So this is it.", considder it done and put an opinion on an unfinnished game.

Or are you going to call it a preview or RC?

please keep in mind that people who lpve ge007 are going to want to check it out anyway and that if they get the impression it is done we'll get the complain train on full speed and the forums will be flooded with "Now that the MP is done, where os the SP" And with the next release "omg ur working on that, but no SP? WTF".

people are going to judge an unfinnoshed project, thinking it is finnished.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2010, 01:50:01 pm »

Please keep in mind that if it is released as just ges or ges version 1.0, that people are going to think "So this is it.", considder it done and put an opinion on an unfinnished game.

Dont worry. We are going to explain in Q/A's and the day after launch podcast 17 show, what we mean when we will drop the beta tag. Then it is just up to you guys, our playerbase, to help explain our stance to people playing, and around the internet who dont read or listen to our news and PR, to inform them well of the stance.

For sure, GES v1.0 will NOT mean the project has ceased updates. It means we consider the game stable and comprehensive to be compared with the professionalism and playability of a commercial title, for example.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 01:54:32 pm by Wake[of]theBunT »

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2010, 03:27:32 pm »

Wouldn't it be better to continue from 4 and just drop the 'beta'? So the next version would be just be 4.1

Going back to 1.0 seems very counter-productive... I'm sure there are a few stupids who will confuse it with beta 1.0
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up