GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 25, 2024, 11:29:26 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting the mod to properly work  (Read 4048 times)

northstar1215

Getting the mod to properly work
« on: January 28, 2010, 06:54:07 pm »

Hey guys,
I just downloaded the newest version of the mod. First off hands up to the devs, this game has already brought back memories. But my issue is sense I have installed it I cant get any of the weapon sets to load but pistols, and when I search for servers online none pop up so im assuming im missing something or did a setp wrong, when i put in Automatics for the weapon set or any of the others i get pink textures and tearing but no weapons ever load.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Kyle

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Getting the mod to properly work
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 07:05:27 pm »

Make sure you have the correct version installed, it sounds like you've only installed a patch and not the full version.

You should be using 3.1 Full

http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source/downloads
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

northstar1215

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 07:11:39 pm »

Make sure you have the correct version installed, it sounds like you've only installed a patch and not the full version.

You should be using 3.1 Full

http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source/downloads

Yeah I think I read something about that, musta forgot. Ill give that a try, thanks for the info.

northstar1215

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 08:30:59 pm »

O installed, 3.1 and im having the same issue with not being able to find servers none pop up on the list is there something else i need to download now?

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 08:50:30 pm »

That's a bug that a lot of people get and doesn't seem to have a rational explanation. Even I get that bug sometimes.

Exit the game, and in Steam go to view>servers, this will open a server browser in Steam for all your source games, then click on filters and select the game as Goldeneye: Source (beta 3.1) and you should see the server list. You can then join the servers from there.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer
Pages: [1]   Go Up