GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 18, 2024, 07:43:59 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick Question...  (Read 5046 times)

fallstand

Quick Question...
« on: October 24, 2009, 07:53:48 pm »

Can I install this to OSX/Snow Leopard?

Probably could search it, but Im feeling lazy. Thanks in advance.

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
Re: Quick Question...
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 07:56:19 pm »

O_______________o

My guess would be no.... try searching on google for running Half Life 2 on OSX. If that works then this should, although idk about networking, in time KM should turn up here with a sack of facts :P

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

steven_m64

• Insane Coder
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • steven_m64 has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 08:33:17 pm »

It depends on what mac you have as well as what method you would want to use.

some have had luck with Darwine or crossover mac but really the best option is to use boot camp and install a copy of windows XP to boot into and play games with.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 03:05:17 am »

You are best off installing VirtualBox (http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads) and installing a copy of windows on that as a virtual machine. Source doesn't run well in emulators (or WINE for that matter) and should only be run in a windows environment.

Macs are shit The Best computers anyway, you should have a proper gaming computer ;-)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 06:52:07 am by Mark [lodle] »

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 05:30:30 am »

Rofl, thats nice KM, insult his choice of computer :P

Dude, owning a mac is fine, but rest assured your wallet got owned..all im saying :D

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 06:54:07 am »

Hey fallstand, you wont be able to run it on a vm as they dont have the grunt but if you have a mac in the last couple of years you can setup bootcamp and run windows Natively to be able to play it. I do this when im on my mac laptop.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 01:21:19 pm »

LOL, thanks for editing my post you mac-lover ;-)

It's all in good fun, of course, but seriously you will need to get creative in order to play STEAM games on a Mac.

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 03:05:49 pm »

i dont see how rebooting and holding down option is so "creative"

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 07:40:54 am »

Man, I love Mac vs. PC arguments...they are always the greatest to listen to. I will always be a PC lover, hands down since you have to be a complete idiot to NOT know how to maintain a PC. It really isn't that hard. :D By the way, I got such a great laugh out of your edits wake. Do macs really run games well when running virtual box? Will it run it just as well as the same hardware on windows?

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 01:07:48 pm »

CCsaint if you look at the edit log you will see:

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:52:07 PM by Mark [lodle] »

:P

And running in virtual box is shit because virtual box cant emulate directx well thats why you need to boot into windows
Pages: [1]   Go Up