GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:05:50 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Application for Environment/Prop Artist Position  (Read 5927 times)

Vegas

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Vegas has no influence.
Application for Environment/Prop Artist Position
« on: October 24, 2009, 09:01:38 am »

Hello everyone,

I am an aspiring Environment artist and would love the opportunity to garner some experience working on a mod and I've been following the development of Goldeneye: Source in particular. You can find my portfolio at http://www.craigbowler3d.com.

Technical layout for a mechanical gate

The finished mechanical gate.

I have experience with the following software: 3D packages include 3DSMax (Predominately used), Maya, ZBrush. 2D Packages include Photoshop and Illustrator.

I have a passion for videogames and goldeneye was the first game I bought for my N64 when I was younger. I would love a chance to help breathe life into this fantastic game for a new generation.

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
Re: Application for Environment/Prop Artist Position
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 10:01:26 am »

Youve got some pretty good pieces in your portfolio :)

I recommend a trial. A lead dev will be along soon to let you know ;)

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 11:08:10 am »

I browsed your portfolio, very nice stuff in there.
Now all we need is a lead Dev. to pass by, bump you to trial and assign you something.

Just out of curriosity, do yo have any favorite character from GE64 or the Bond universe which has not been remade for GES yet?

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 11:36:51 am »

Just out of curriosity, do yo have any favorite character from GE64 or the Bond universe which has not been remade for GES yet?

I see what you did there...

I'm just a BT, but I really like your work. Your website design looks good as well as your work. Taking into account the opinions expressed by Kinky and Kraid, and my own subjective judgement, I can say I'd like to see you get a trial and perhaps test some of the things you create.

Vegas

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Vegas has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 12:32:55 pm »

Cheers guys! Thankyou for the kind words. I would love the chance to be part of this. As for the character I would like to see. I guess I havent seen Trevelyan yet in Goldeneye: Source and he has to be my favorite Bond villain. As for other characters I would like to see Goldfinger running around facility :)! Oooh or maybe Dr. No, with his chem suit on.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 12:34:34 pm by Vegas »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 12:32:17 am »

I second Dr. No with the chem suit! haha

Maybe something more like this:

Would be appropriate and not too cartoony, haha.

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 12:56:35 am »

Ok i like your stuff, looks like since your up for doing a character we will have you do that.

Dr. No is available. Janus/Trevelyan 006 were my characters hehe sorry i beat you to them haha.

Go ahead and start a trial thread in the trial members section. you'll be making Dr. No i can give you more instructions in there and we can work stuff out.

Bumped to Trial
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 02:27:25 am by Wake[of]theBunT »
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 02:02:08 am »

Yes! Beautiful work! I love seeing another character artist! I deffinately cannot wait to see your characters!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 02:12:04 am by Jeron [SharpSh00tah] »

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;
Pages: [1]   Go Up