GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 20, 2024, 02:31:37 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not sure about version  (Read 4657 times)

JustachaP

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • JustachaP has no influence.
Not sure about version
« on: October 20, 2009, 09:45:14 am »

Hello I am new to the GES community and i have play GES before Beta 3 came out but I stopped playing.

Now i am back and i downloaded the Beta3 and patched it but i don't know if i have the exact version because Steam says it's only 3.1, so i'm a little confused

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: Not sure about version
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 10:23:34 am »

Goldeneye Source (Beta 3.1) should be allright.
If you are able to join the servers and if there are no huge issues like dozends of missing textures (pink-black checkers), then it should be allright.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 02:27:53 am »

if you are at all having issues delete the folder and download this link!!

JustachaP

• Agent
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 04:31:53 am »

Also i can only find 2 server, one has 1 person and the other has 10 all the time

I join and nobody is there

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 09:30:37 am »

Check your Filter settings (remove all restrictions like: only show servers with payers on it) and also uncheck the show maplist "feature" in the server browser.
If done correctly you should see arround 20 servers.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 08:54:11 pm »

The servers with "1" are placeholders and can be misleading since they aren't really "players" The "doorman" server is what you are talking about and I don't quite understand why it says there are "10" players no matter when you look, and then you go in there and there are either none or like 1 or 2. :) If you go on a server and no one is there, just wait a little. People join quickly when they actually find players, like you were doing. Games fill up rather quickly. :D Good Luck.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

JustachaP

• Agent
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 05:45:59 am »

Well i reinstalled GES and i found the same 2 server but there was an Aussie server(I am Aussie) that had people playing.

All i need to know is when are people on, everytime i check nobody i playing
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 07:17:34 am by JustachaP »

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • mookie is looked down upon.
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 02:14:30 pm »

Maybe this will help.

http://www.game-monitor.com/GameSearch/gesource2/GES-DM.html

Right now it's 1415 Z on Thursday and there are four players on WNx (Chicago).
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0
Pages: [1]   Go Up