GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 07:29:34 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Scaramanga`s house  (Read 68101 times)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
Re: Scaramanga`s house
« Reply #135 on: August 08, 2011, 12:01:07 pm »

gasp wheres Nick Nack at the booth?

the little drunken peeper is still there  ;)
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2011, 12:47:19 am »

though i miss dearly the other easter eggs- the hoverboard and the alley with the V sign on it (what happened to the roger moore wanted sign?)

though watching the screenshots i do love seeing the stary skybox in the room with the gangster cutouts, the clastraphobic looks a bit naff but im sure when we are playing the level it would look good, the models look really good)

im looking very forward for this...even the island part aswell :D

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #137 on: August 09, 2011, 07:05:29 am »

Looks good.  Just make sure it's stable this time. ;)
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #138 on: August 09, 2011, 11:37:11 am »

though i miss dearly the other easter eggs- the hoverboard and the alley with the V sign on it (what happened to the roger moore wanted sign?)

the hoverboard is gone, but the new tower is much better. and the alley is gone, too, but the V-sign is still on the toilet (the 12 monkeys-sign as well). and the roger moore wanted sign will soon be replaced by a GES-bond wanted sign.

though watching the screenshots i do love seeing the stary skybox in the room with the gangster cutouts, the clastraphobic looks a bit naff but im sure when we are playing the level it would look good, the models look really good)

it´s not a skybox, it´s just a big brush with stars on it ;). bear in mind that the whole map should be one huge set. it should look cheap and artificial.
and the claustrophobic area does look naff to you? no way! I love it! and you have to learn going through it without touching the walls.

im looking very forward for this...even the island part aswell :D

me too!  :D

@troy: I´ll do my best. and there will be enough time for testing.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 11:43:20 am by The Cy »

steven_m64

• Insane Coder
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • steven_m64 has no influence.
« Reply #139 on: August 09, 2011, 03:31:28 pm »

I like the polygonal boxy-ness look for three reasons: 1. it´s very authentic. in my view the funhouse is a normal house which is cut into big squares. it should have this bauhaus-atmosphere. each room is used as a different setting. so why should I aim for an organic feeling? its neither a zoo nor an example for modern architecture. 2. the original funhouse map in goldeneye rogue agent has that look, too, and 3. it reminds me of "clean structured" maps like facility or complex, library and basement.
especially library (classic) is one of my favourite maps because it doesn´t need complex architecture or high-end textures. its well structured, the coulours are appealing and it simply flows.

i understand your viewpoint, dont get me wrong its not insult, even in "clean structured" maps like the ones you mentioned there is a boxy nature to the maps as those types of maps in real life are like that, but those maps you listed don't have the polygonal nature and look and feel of your map. even highly boxy env's in real life are not 100% perfectly boxy/polygonal inside and out.

a lot of small things can be done to improve the look.

one item that popped out very easy was the use of 8 sided cylinders. such as:
http://img4.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/cyfunhouse0251vcarzk2qbf.jpg

This is source engine my friend not hl1/gldsrc you can use more then 8 faces without much problems.  ;D

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #140 on: August 14, 2011, 10:53:39 am »

hi kids,

the map cy_funhouse v3 is almost finished and now I´m searching for some brave volunteers who test the shit out of the map, maybe on your own, maybe with some friends, I don´t care.

so if you want to test it, post a short message in this thread (or mail me) and I´ll send you the download-link. and after testing is over, I would be pleased about a short comment.

after a while I will post a new download link with the finished map in the custom releases-thread.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 11:10:50 am by The Cy »

Rick Astley

• Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #141 on: August 14, 2011, 12:19:01 pm »

hi kids,

the map cy_funhouse v3 is almost finished and now I´m searching for some brave volunteers who test the shit out of the map, maybe on your own, maybe with some friends, I don´t care.

so if you want to test it, post a short message in this thread (or mail me) and I´ll send you the download-link. and after testing is over, I would be pleased about a short comment.

after a while I will post a new download link with the finished map in the custom releases-thread.

count me in :D

Rick Astley

« Reply #142 on: August 14, 2011, 02:31:11 pm »

so here is my review of the map while i played offline

the map itself has seems to be smaller in size (but given that this is only part 1 of the scaramanga island it seems fair), i loved what you did with the image trickery in the tunnel/funhouse entrance

the guilotine trap is a stroke of genuis so i love that

the cementary area outside of the theatre should perhaps be taken out and put on the island part...it seems to be a bit misplace...i pefered the alley instead sorry :(

while i do miss the hoverboard i do enjoy the new tower (it needs a bell on the top as an adding touch ;) so thats a nice addition.

the shooting gallery however is flawed there is only a picture of 007 and there is a timelimit..(so when i went to turn it on and go outside to shoot them it finished) it just seems like a good idea but maybe if it was something like this:

also i was thinking why not use the image of the Roger Moore Bond that i sent you in the email for the wanted sign or for 1 of the targets because i know that
the new bond looks ok but i pefer the version 2 sign

i love what you did with the walk of faith (and the deathtrap) but the bottom is well bland compared to the last map with the vortex (or even the birds eye view of a city which you had on the WIP screenshots) also the area around it looks well a bit too bright compared to version 2

Rick Astley

« Reply #143 on: August 14, 2011, 02:46:23 pm »

the area which has the golden gun/ bond model pratice looks overcrowed with the addition of the target so maybe transfer that into the entrance room or maybe in the saloon area

the cinema/bar area has a rather white dullish compared to the previous version
with the bar area atleast...i think it should be better if they had a bar stools in front of the bar (where you can put mishkin and 3 others with a seat reserved for Norm a refrence to Cheers) as much as i like seeing Mishkin sitting by himself (even the image of Jack Nickolson is gone) is rather funny. the hall of fame is rather shorter which is a shame (i mean not that there is anything wrong with that) but given how there is only 6 villians this is understandable...

well all in all i did find the map rather enjoyable i still need to play it online to really capture the essence of the map

great job CY :-)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #144 on: August 14, 2011, 02:53:20 pm »

so here is my review of the map while i played offline

the map itself has seems to be smaller in size (but given that this is only part 1 of the scaramanga island it seems fair), i loved what you did with the image trickery in the tunnel/funhouse entrance

the guilotine trap is a stroke of genuis so i love that

thanks ;)

the cementary area outside of the theatre should perhaps be taken out and put on the island part...it seems to be a bit misplace...i pefered the alley instead sorry :(

so that´s life. I like the atmosphere of the cemetery and the possibility of falling down from the shelves.

while i do miss the hoverboard i do enjoy the new tower (it needs a bell on the top as an adding touch ;) so thats a nice addition.

the big lamp on top is my bell ;)

the shooting gallery however is flawed there is only a picture of 007 and there is a timelimit..(so when i went to turn it on and go outside to shoot them it finished) it just seems like a good idea but maybe if it was something like this

it isn´t my intention that you try to shoot the activated bonds. it´s my intention that you can hide in the backdrop of the saloon and have the choice to confuse the enemy by activating the bonds.

also i was thinking why not use the image of the Roger Moore Bond that i sent you in the email for the wanted sign or for 1 of the targets because i know that
the new bond looks ok but i pefer the version 2 sign

so that´s life again. I prefer the new bond, because he looks so colourful and nice  8)

i love what you did with the walk of faith (and the deathtrap) but the bottom is well bland compared to the last map with the vortex (or even the birds eye view of a city which you had on the WIP screenshots) also the area around it looks well a bit too bright compared to version 2

maybe it looks bland, but I think that it goes nicely with the new area above. and all of the bright new elements should be bright. I tried to adopt this surreal feeling of the last scenes from the movie 2001- a space odyssey. (or the famous bar scene from the shining.)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 02:58:31 pm by The Cy »

Rick Astley

« Reply #145 on: August 14, 2011, 03:10:02 pm »

but it is a good map  :)

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #146 on: August 14, 2011, 03:26:53 pm »

I can help test it for you.

terps4life90

« Reply #147 on: August 15, 2011, 06:10:26 am »

send me the link please Cy :).

Rick Astley

« Reply #148 on: August 15, 2011, 10:28:29 am »

i did however see an exploit with the gullitoine as a player has enough time to crouch jump out of the trap

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #149 on: August 15, 2011, 01:06:25 pm »

i did however see an exploit with the gullitoine as a player has enough time to crouch jump out of the trap

ok, good to know. I simply reduce the time  8)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up