GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 06:41:13 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting Goldeneye Source to work  (Read 5455 times)

The Bino

Getting Goldeneye Source to work
« on: October 02, 2009, 11:44:41 am »

Hey,

I just joined here and i have never played Half Life 2 so i have no experiences with mods for this game.  I am very interested in joining this community into playing Goldeneye online with you guys.  The thing is, i have downloaded HL2 and I have downloaded the 3.1.4 beta and i just can't figure it out on how to get the game running.  If anyone can assist me in this i would greatly appreciate it.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Getting Goldeneye Source to work
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 11:56:26 am »

Welcome, and enjoy the game!
Make sure you have __PURCHASED__ at least HL2: DM via steam. Its like $4.99
Then follow these directions:

http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/Install_Beta_3

Then read the release documentation:
http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/Beta_3_Release_Documentation

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 11:58:26 am »

I'd just say read the installation guide - but you basically need to download the orange box SDK. GE: S will then be installed into C:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\SourceMods (or whatever and wherever your Steam-folder is). I think the GE: S installer detects the right location. If Steam is opened, you might need to close and reopen it.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 12:16:14 pm by coolDisguise »

The Bino

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 08:55:00 pm »

Thanks alot guys.  I greatly appreciate it.

I went online for a little bit and i found this game to be very interesting and the one things im curious about is if there is a way to use my 360 controller for this instead of using mouse and keyboard.  I tried to get it to work, and had to set up all the buttons, but i couldn't get the right analog stick to work on looking around, i still had to use the mouse to look and then the controller to do everything else... if anyone could help me with this i would appreciate that as well

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 11:32:08 pm »

You could try to look for a Left 4 Dead Splitscreen tutorial (which would tell you how to bind the gamepad controls via a config-file) or use a program to map inputs from your mouse and/or keyboard to your gamepad, e.g. X-padder. Some older versions are freeware, you can get v.5.2 of X-padder from the website of the german computer magazine "Computer Bild" here.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 11:34:59 pm by coolDisguise »
Pages: [1]   Go Up