GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 19, 2024, 02:41:18 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Respawning Glass??  (Read 8837 times)

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
Re: Respawning Glass??
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2009, 06:43:57 pm »

It's not possible to parent the spawner to anything, there's simply no Parent parameter in there.

constraints. However i would highly advise against!!

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2009, 11:44:14 pm »

I can say from experiences (having a like 100 story long elevator in old Dam), If your going to add a elevator, keep it below 2 stories max. The elevator in Carrington Inst. was fun, and offered some fun gameplay, as it was a simple two level elevator.

Anymore levels and you run into a problem with selecting which level you want.

All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

WatchMyTrace

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • WatchMyTrace has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2009, 06:32:49 pm »

I posted this question on the Fpsbanana forum and this was one idea i got back,

from Brainz: "You could add two spawners, one at the top and one at the bottom.

When the elevator is at the bottom, the top one is disabled, when the elevator is at the top, the bottom one is disabled, when the elevator moves, both are disabled."

What would be the proper I/O to do that?

from fibbs: "Use an env_entity_spawner and set the template to the point_template you're trying to parent. env_entity_spawner is pretty much idetical to point_template except that it has things for auto-spawning."
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 06:37:18 pm by WatchMyTrace »

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2009, 06:35:19 am »

^^not sure if you are able to remove this entity again in a way it will be able to respawn.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up