GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 18, 2024, 01:26:09 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hacker detection?  (Read 10956 times)

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
Re: Hacker detection?
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 01:10:07 am »

but fraggin these ppl was as easy as eating pancakes.

Interesting simile.

Indeed, I don't know how so many people can enter a new game, get destroyed by anyone in the top 50's and then accuse them of cheating.
Unless you have a way to test for that, it's impossible to tell just by playing with the naked eye.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 01:12:12 am by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

EMH Mark I

• Earthworm Jimbo
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.
Re: Hacker detection?
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2009, 12:08:40 am »

Jimbo is good. Period. Along with many GE:S players out there.

People have good/bad days. I was in a game other day with WNx Jimbo, and he was extremely good, with a 8 or so person server, never saw him die... was a little odd... but no evidence = no conviction.

Yeah, I have my moments.  Not many, but I do have them. ;D  Well Maxaxle, I know how easy it can be to assume that if someone has a ridiculous K/D ratio, that they must be hacking...I used to think the same way about players like VC, Nalle, etc when I first started playing the mod.  But as my skills developed, I realized they were just better than me, and still are.  So just keep practicing.  Like others have already said...if you see something suspicious, gather evidence to forward to a server admin according to Kraid's guidelines.  I don't think there's any GES server admin that would condone cheating, and they would certainly welcome vigilance from regular players like us.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up