GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:12:57 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Ships Power Cord in Giant Box With Attached Pallet  (Read 4879 times)

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
HP Ships Power Cord in Giant Box With Attached Pallet
« on: August 23, 2009, 10:42:02 pm »

http://gizmodo.com/5343411/hp-ships-power-cord-in-giant-box-with-attached-pallet

HP stands for Huge Packaging.  Wow i guess that must cost several hundred bucks and the inside wire is made out of gold lol.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: HP Ships Power Cord in Giant Box With Attached Pallet
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 02:09:14 am »

except HP didn't ship it, so nothing to do with HP other then being the company who made the cord.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 06:12:17 am »

"There's probably a story behind it-"

I bet.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 05:20:15 am »

That's a pretty sweet box. I guess they don't want those cables to get damaged.

Maxaxle

• ge_paintball 1
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Maxaxle has no influence.
    • My site
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 08:55:00 pm »

It's actually not uncommon...but yes: it's weird. Maybe it's accounting for the probability of stuff crushing it. Who knows.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 09:03:53 pm »

Having worked in a packing warehouse, I can tell you that this isn't too mind boggling. What I expect happened was the box was packed into a larger one if there were no other size of box that could be used for it - this happens surprisingly often. Then of course boxes of that size would normally be strapped to pallets because they contain computers and monitors and other large electronics. Nobdy would think to check the weight, and once taped onto the pallet it will get shipped that way regardless.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 04:39:22 am »

Fail shipment

Maxaxle

• ge_paintball 1
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Maxaxle has no influence.
    • My site
Pages: [1]   Go Up