GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 05:29:23 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: God and the universe...  (Read 19092 times)

The Beatles pwn j00!

Re: God and the universe...
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2009, 02:21:46 pm »

:D

With each word from your fingertips my faith grows! The beauty of it all!

Lord knows I'm not trying to drive people away from him. I clearly said I am in no way superior to any of you. All that I said goes for all of us. You choose to see me as some harmful thing, just as some choose to see God as some harmful thing.

It's better to speak the hard truth. I suppose you'd rather water it down until it's comforting, but meaningless? Why would they want to change if they don't know the reality of their state, or the consequences for it? Maybe I AM going about it too hard. Again, I am young in the spirit, and the Lord is merciful.

But how many times have you tried to glorify our Lord, jj? Should I be ashamed of speaking truth, even if it's uncomfortable to some? The Lord has the power to make my rough words work in his favor. But what can he do with you and your idling? I think you are missing a big point in out faith. Then again, I might be. Either way, may the Lord be glorified, and may he forgive us our sins, and pour out ever more peace and understanding that he might be glorified all the more.

Listen, I'm done for now. I'm not forcing anything on you. I'm not talking down to you (intentionally). You choose to think that. I'd like for this topic to stay open. I for one am certainly not abusing it. How long was it since my last series of posts? And I enjoy glorifying my Lord.

I wish you peace! Bye for now.

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2009, 02:34:07 pm »

As much as that is hilarious HB

Please be mindful of their feelings. Just caus we disagree with their opinions doesnt mean its right to mock them. Although this is the internet... so i suppose it does.

Im confused :/

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2009, 02:46:15 pm »

I am a pastor's son. I can start quoting scripture condemning how Jesse is going about this. 

Sorry. I had to come back. Please, if this is true, would you do this for me?

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2009, 03:02:44 pm »

Funny, I was reading through older threads and could have sworn I saw Beatles talking negatively of people who try forcing their beliefs on people or otherwise trying to change other's.
Hmm...
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2009, 03:04:13 pm »

Funny, I was reading through older threads and could have sworn I saw Beatles talking negatively of people who try forcing their beliefs on people or otherwise trying to change other's.
Hmm...

Where? When? Quote me.

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2009, 03:26:16 pm »

Do you intend to stall, or produce the scripture?  If you can show me scripture that condemns my method of preaching about Christ, then do so.

What I did was:

1. Talked about the fallen state of man.
2. Talked about the consequences for staying in that state.
3. Talked about the only way to be saved from that state (Jesus Christ, God in flesh.)
4. Talked about the beauty and glory of Christ and his mercy.
5. Talked about how he has changed my life personally.
6. Encouraged you do keep your heart open and to read the Word.

If there is scripture that is against that, produce it. Yes, I'm certainly not the holiest man, and many could do better than me I suppose. The point is I tried. Do you hear me JJ? Are you a "Christian" who only focuses on His mercy and kindness? Do you not realize the importance of the other side, and how you do God a disservice by sugar coating the truth? What do you believe exactly, JJ?

Please, produce scripture showing me that I am in the wrong, that I may become more Christ-like.

Also, if you feel like you are wasting your time, please leave.

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2009, 04:21:04 pm »

wow - just - wow *facepalm* video games anyone?

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2009, 05:12:06 pm »

You have produced no evidence contrary to what I have said-quid pro quo, my friend... Yet you demand things of me.
You said you could readily quote scripture to prove me wrong. I ASKED you, if it was true, to do it. I will show you now how you failed to do so.

7But not everyone knows this. Some people are still so accustomed to idols that when they eat such food they think of it as having been sacrificed to an idol, and since their conscience is weak, it is defiled. 8But food does not bring us near to God; we are no worse if we do not eat, and no better if we do.

9Be careful, however, that the exercise of your freedom does not become a stumbling block to the weak. 10For if anyone with a weak conscience sees you who have this knowledge eating in an idol's temple, won't he be emboldened to eat what has been sacrificed to idols? 11So this weak brother, for whom Christ died, is destroyed by your knowledge. 12When you sin against your brothers in this way and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. 13Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause him to fall."

You, like so many, refuse to see. And because of this you misunderstand scripture, taking it out context and trying to use it for your own gain, and lead others astray. Corinthians is about Paul writing to new Christians who have been misunderstanding the doctrines and were in trouble of going astray.

These people were still accustomed to idols. The wiser Christians would realize that eating food sacrificed to idols is okay, for they know in their heart that Christ/Father/Holy Spirit is the only true God, and eating the food being sacrificed to the false gods means nothing. But Paul warns the wiser of these Christians not to eat the food sacrificed to idols if it causes the weaker of these Christians to stumble. Because the weaker Christians will think that they are to worship these idols along side Christ because the food had been sacrificed to them.

Now you know. And knowing this, how does this pertain to what is going on?

And I know Rodney was talking about you debating a Muslim about his faith on here. I'm not quoting shit. Who are you to question anyone about what they believe?   
He claimed that I said it was wrong to try and convert someone. I didn't say that. Why do you so desperately try to find fault with me? As if my flaws would discredit the Lord? Blind!

Now let me quote YOU some scripture:

Psalms 14:1
The fool says in his heart,“There is no God.”

And I know well that most will reject God, and suffer eternally for their decision. And nothing can change that. I'm sorry if some of you see me as talking down to you. I'm sorry you willingly refuse the free gift of eternal life. I know nothing. I never claimed to have all the answers, or to be some perfect thing. You force that lie onto me because you apparently hate God and all who are with him. I am nothing without Christ. All I know is that there is a God, Jesus is Christ, His Word is True, He died for me on the cross, He conquered death and was resurrected, and only through Him can we be cleansed and saved.

I'll pray for you.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 05:23:04 pm by JessEH [The Beatles pwn j00!] »

jjmusicnotes

« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2009, 06:49:44 pm »

With all due respect JessEH -

I am greatly disappointed that you expect me to provide a summation of my relationship with God, so that you can judge me and decide just exactly how faithful or holy I'm being.

What I do in my personal life, how I choose to interact with God, how I choose to implement His teachings in my own life is none of your business, and is CERTAINLY not up for scrutiny by another human being.

You have no right to judge me or anyone else here with your peity.

Hellbender is exactly right when he says that this thread was used to bait other members into an argument by which the only view that you care about is your own.

You say that I "sugar coat" and claim that you tell the real truth, when all you are doing is slandering others' beliefs.  I did not sugar coat, but merely incurred restraint (as a sign of respect) to the others who have written here, which, I'm sure, is also something that they are exercising with you - contrary to expressing emotions they actually want to share with you.

You said, "These people were still accustomed to idols. The wiser Christians would realize that eating food sacrificed to idols is okay,"

As far as I've understood, God does not promote idol worship of any kind...in fact, I believe that it's not only mentioned in the Bible, but in the Ten Commandments as well.

From what I have seen here, all of the other members of this forum are welcome to a nice, polite, healthy discussion about religion / spirituality.  However, you do not seem to be as forthcoming with respecting others.

You asked Hellbender to quote scriptures for you, he did so.  Out of the entire Bible, he chose as many scriptures as he thought were pertinent.  While I readily admit that I am no Bible scholar, I believe that it can be interpreted in different ways - so that by reading the same passages at different points in your life, you imbue different meanings from them.

There is no one way to understand how God interacts with your life, if there were, we would all life exactly the same life.  For a person to claim to have all of the answers is a person with a closed mind and a closed heart to God's ever evolving love.

There is only one person in all of history who had all of the answers.

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2009, 08:49:38 pm »

You asked Hellbender to quote scriptures for you, he did so.  Out of the entire Bible, he chose as many scriptures as he thought were pertinent. 
He chose two paragraphs from the same chapter, which didn't have anything to do with anything. The way that you and he are talking about how wrong I am, you'd think he could find more. That's what he was seemingly implying, anyway. But no, it was a lie.

For a person to claim to have all of the answers is a person with a closed mind and a closed heart to God's ever evolving love.

There is only one person in all of history who had all of the answers.
Did you not read what I clearly said? I clearly said I do not claim to have all the answers. That I am nothing without Christ. That I indeed could be wrong on the details.

"God's ever evolving love"? What do you mean by this? If you mean what I think you mean, then you clearly don't believe the Bible to be God breathed. Are you some type of New Age Spiritualism pagan? It is these type of things you say that make me worry about you.

God is unchanging.

Malachi 3:6
I the Lord do not change. So you, O descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed.

James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

Numbers 23:19
God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?

Psalm 102:27
But you remain the same, and your years will never end.

And because I say this, will you now claim that I am judging you? No, that is not my place. How would I know if you are truly saved in the end?

I just hope you are not going down some strange road. Remember that not everyone who calls him "Lord" will be saved.

But we are not saved by believing every single word of the Bible. We are saved by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. And it is my conviction that if you truly have the Holy Spirit, he will show you that The Bible is God breathed and perfect. And to my knowledge, the way I've gone about this isn't ungodly. Did not Jesus Himself speak about the things I said in the way I said it? Again, I am sorry if I've come across as hard. Perhaps I am too zealous. If you remember anything about me, remember this: I am nothing without Christ.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 09:21:13 pm by JessEH [The Beatles pwn j00!] »

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2009, 09:24:46 pm »

so the purpose of this thread is to make ppl angry?

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2009, 09:40:01 pm »

You choose to have unrighteous anger fill your heart.

And don't get me started on Catholicism.

My "box" isn't as "tiny" as you may think.

I'd gladly die for Christ. I'd be willing to be tortured for a million years. Because those million years will end, but my reward will never end.

If nothing else, think of this. If I'm wrong, nothing (according to the majority of atheists, agnostics, the Godless). If you're wrong... oh man. But of course that is the wrong way to look at it. But if that is the last option, perhaps that will grow into something real.

Anyway guys, remember that I'm not taking this discussion out of this thread. I did once for the Ramadan thread, and that was a mistake. Hopefully, even if you hate my guts, you can tolerate me on here. If not, no problem. Ban away.

But I am done talking for now. So I guess you can rest (even though it is totally your choice to come to this thread in the first place... if it makes you so angry, why do that? Again, the human heart is desperately wicked and glories in such things.)

Love. Bye for now. Please know that I wish you the best.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 09:59:35 pm by JessEH [The Beatles pwn j00!] »

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2009, 10:01:48 pm »

If we are wrong we'll burn in hell

If you're wrong then youve wasted your life

Is stick by my decision

Im going to lock this because its getting dangerous.. If anyone wants it unlocked then PM me a compelling reason.

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2009, 08:43:27 am »

This is a horrific let down. Some posts were actually made by smart people, and the select people arguing with stupidity came to the fore.

So, on this forum my word is your god, im going to lay out some ground rules for future behaviour.

The christian contingent here is the most in the wrong, so im going to address that situation most, but this applies to everyone.

A christian in civilized society that argues their points relentlessly against non-believers is just insanity actually. No one EVER said you cant believe what you want in your own head. But thats where it should stay if you are going to be rediculous and seek to belittle people. It makes no sense to any logic, and the bible doesn't in any way allow or suggest partaking in that behaviour, either. Without question you would be considered evil and immoral and being clouded by satan. A preacher does the act of preaching to people who are allowing themselves to be in the prescence of his preaching. It is a place where others dont have to be witness,  and he does his preaching with compassion and respect for everyone, even those who dont believe in his religion, otherwise they are a terrible preacher.

If people in this thread who profess christianity (or any religion), truly are, they would not act this way. Arguing (even if you believe strongly in your point) is in no way referenced as a tool for religion to use against other human beings. No athiest has EVER instigated a non-confrontational christian (or other) because if you weren't in our face we would not need to defend OUR beliefs in nothing, in-turn.

The next person to disgrace the board like this, and display ANY belief or words that outwardly speaks to belittle the life or belief of another person on this board will be banned for life, ill grab your IP and ill convince killermonkey to insert an IP ban on your ability to play Goldeneye: Source. Be warned and simply grow up.

"Off topic" is not against arguments, as long as they are RESPECTFUL and INTELLIGENT arguments where you dont take shots at the life of another, rather outwit your debater. Recognize those words and what they mean.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 06:34:51 am by Wake[of]theBunT »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2009, 03:48:51 am »

Deleted the "I'm Sorry" Topic. Lets just drop this all, no way of having a dignified religious thread, was doomed from start.

Bash me, but don't really wanna read that argument on here, its just gonna split the community, there is no compromising with religion!
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up