GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 12:33:38 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Enviroment / Prop Artist  (Read 7645 times)

Tim_LIVID

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Tim_LIVID has no influence.
Enviroment / Prop Artist
« on: June 08, 2009, 10:11:42 am »

hello everyone

My name is Adam Smith and I am 25 years old and from the town of Harwich, Essex in the UK. I'm a graduate from Escape Studios and have been self teaching myself and improving my models ever since.

I have a familiarity with Maya, ZBrush and am starting to learn Mudbox.

I have a large collection of models which are all available to be viewed at my website, www.optical-minefield.co.uk however I shall display an example of them here.

This is a New York style building which was modelled entirely in Maya and textured using Photoshop. It was originally going to be used as a pop for independent film which unfortunately never got the funding.

Another angle of the same building

A low poly model of a bin

The same bin at textured using ZBrush

A New York style fire hydrant which is next on the list to be textured and detailed using ZBrush.

A mailbox

A set of traffic lights

A water tower, the last prop modelled for the independent film

A speed modelling test of a low poly game asset, completed in an hour at Escape Studios.

A high poly model of a star destroyer, not suitable for a game engine however I fear it demonstrates my ability to model complex architecture and attention to detail.

In closing, my website shows more models that can be displayed here. I aim to be updating my galleries to display not only models but some of the normal maps that I created using programs such as ZBrush.

I thank you very much your time and of course welcome any criticisms that you care to offer.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 07:25:14 pm by Tim_LIVID »

Tim_LIVID

• Agent
Re: Enviroment / Prop Artist
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 11:15:30 am »

Just though I would add some ways to get in contact with me.

I mainly use MSN, my address is tim_livid@yahoo.co.uk
If you prefer to call me you can using Skype. My user name is adam.roxby

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 10:09:49 pm »

After doing some research on you on the internet I found that the star destroy was legitimately modeled by you. I did this because that model is so far ahead of any of your other works posted on your website that it is almost unbelievable that you did it.

I am saying this because its like, hey here's a mailbox, a garbage can, a low-poly building I made, some stray cats, and

BLAM-WOW... a million vertex star destroyer!!!

I would consider cleaning up your portfolio for future submissions (also many dead links to images).

Anyway, I would be interested to see what you can do, how much free time do you have?

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 12:59:04 am »

From looking at your site, one thing I noticed is that it goes VERY slow. and a few times didn't load for me. when your looking for a job, that will get you passed over by employer's no matter how good your work is.

the bulk of your items on your site are untextured. and the examples you have so far arent quite to my liking do you have any other examples of texture work that you have done?
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Tim_LIVID

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 04:00:53 pm »

Firstly, on the free time. I work as an auxiliary nurse in a hospital and I get some weekdays of. I do of course do other things in my spare time but Maya is by far the biggest and my sole ambition with Maya is not as a form of stress release but to try and get a job using it.

Secondly, on the question of my site being slow and the missing images. I have just done some changes to my site and galleries and didn't remember that I have linked to the images on my site. So when I did the update I sabotaged this thread.

After dinner I will see if the misses lets me back on the pc to fix that. :D

On the texturing issue, I make no bones that my main strength is modelling but if memory serves there are some examples of textures. Namely the Oliphant. That should have been in this thread but was one of the casualties of the move.

Finally on the Star Destroyer, yes that was all me. It did take a while as I just couldn't stop going back to it and trying to make it better.

If you didn't fancy checking out my site then I have the link to my new showreel. Only finished it a little while and it contains most of what was in the thread.

Thank you for you comments and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Adam Smith

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 04:45:28 pm »

Yea I agree with spider.  I'm a bit apprehensive about the lack of texturing work, so I'd like to see a trial that really demonstrates this area so we know what you can do.  This is a common weakness with 3d artists starting out, just takes practice to improve. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Tim_LIVID

• Agent
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 07:14:14 pm »

I know what you mean and in the part I did the model and that was that but now all my new models that I create I texture at the end of it.

However that does mean that I need a bit of time to get a body of textured work under my belt.

P.S. Fixed the broken link issue at the start of the thread.

:D
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 07:26:18 pm by Tim_LIVID »

Tim_LIVID

• Agent
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 07:54:18 pm »

Just changed my site to accommodate the commissioned work that I am going to be doing soon.

There is also some WIP stills up there

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 08:00:04 pm »

did anyone contact you?

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Tim_LIVID

• Agent
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 08:01:45 pm »

Not from the Goldeneye team :D

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 08:10:06 pm »

When ever spider crawls along I would like to get you on a trial, pending his approval of course!

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 09:50:57 pm »

I would still like to see a bit more texturing work out of you first before i bump you to trial.

feel free to post more stuff when ever your ready.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Tim_LIVID

• Agent
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 02:31:00 pm »

Will do mate.

Watch this space.
Pages: [1]   Go Up