GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 08:50:18 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Ge_Bunker_Nw  (Read 94137 times)

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
Re: Ge_Bunker_Nw
« Reply #195 on: February 14, 2014, 01:12:41 am »

I think what he actually mean't by "testing fluency" is he needs someone with an average to mediocre PC to test it on old hardware to see if the map is running at a decent framerate for those with older machines.

Well Im here if needed :)

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #196 on: February 14, 2014, 03:15:13 am »

Hmm, not exactly sure how powerful my Win7 is, I know the win8 I use on the weekends is out of the question since it's slow as hell with normal GE:S maps, and fuck it even lags during the Dam level in the original while using Project64. But my win7...I know it's not an extremely powerful computer because otherwise Minecraft wouldn't lag on me when trying the Unbelievable Shaders Mod, it might be old enough for what you're asking for. Not exactly sure, plus I don't know the specifics to begin with which I probably should get to know at some point in the future, it's on my list of things to learn to be successful in life. :P
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

Lord_Crow

• I sell stamps and stamp accessories.
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Lord_Crow barely matters.Lord_Crow barely matters.
« Reply #197 on: February 14, 2014, 01:28:12 pm »

I think what he actually mean't by "testing fluency" is he needs someone with an average to mediocre PC to test it on old hardware to see if the map is running at a decent framerate for those with older machines.
I have a mediocre PC as such, but I don't think I'll have the time.

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #198 on: February 15, 2014, 10:40:33 pm »

The map are released on my Nationswar server! You are welcome to test!
Released maps:
Download - Ge_Bunker_Nw - Updated for Ges 5.0

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #199 on: February 16, 2014, 12:04:05 am »

My review on Ge_Bunker_Nw:

Upon, trying out this map, and seeing how it has come all together I am overall very impressed. The thing about this map that truly caught my attention was definitely the layout. The whole idea of finally getting around to places through corridors that were not reachable before really gave me a good vibe on this map. The ambiance of this map really gave me that post Cold War feeling that really felt like I was in Severnaya. I only found a couple of problems with the map however, but these are minor tweaks. Such as: some areas of the map had a checkerboard white overlay over the texture, (i.e the button near the entrance to bunker). Another thing that bugged me were the soundscapes. For some strange reason on my end I was receiving soundscapes from my map that I'm creating on to FReXx's, which I thought was really weird. Lastly, I think it would be beneficial to lower the volume on most of the computer beeps and what not since it can be pretty loud. Just a suggestion. Overall this map is spot on to the movie, and I love walking around through like if I was in Goldeneye itself. Definitely a map worth trying!  ;)

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #200 on: February 16, 2014, 12:27:22 am »

When I create a server, chose a map other than Bunker, disconnect, and load up Bunker, this is what happens.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 12:29:08 am by Troy »
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
« Reply #201 on: February 16, 2014, 12:33:11 am »

When I create a server, chose a map other than Bunker, disconnect, and load up Bunker, this is what happens.

That's just a problem with the loading screens under the folder, VGUI. See if bunker's loading screen is in the right folder. If it is, then im not sure what the problem is.

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 16, 2014, 01:40:53 am »

Frexx probably included the loading screen in the BSP.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Don't do that.

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
« Reply #203 on: February 16, 2014, 02:03:42 am »

The map looks great, I'm impressed of all the details you added to it. I really like the lighting of it, reflections, and colors. The added rooms fits really well, same with the modified ones. Still needs some work in rooms that are empty, but you already know that.

In performance, the only problem is the main room where my fps goes down from 200 to 90, but then goes back to 120-170 so it's fine. I didn't have that loading screen problem. The object radius should be bigger so you don't see them appear or dissapear, too. Objects like monitors are not respawning in the next round, not sure if this is becasue the map, server settings or game. (Forgot that the server had unlimited round time :P)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 02:13:03 am by Graslu »

Peroxwhy?gen

• GE:S Lifer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...
« Reply #204 on: February 16, 2014, 06:23:59 pm »

I have found a stretched texture in the Cavern area

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=228869232

I SHOOT YOU FUCKING 16 PP7 SHOOTS AND YOU DONT DIE MAN

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #205 on: February 18, 2014, 10:32:00 am »

I had a quick run through yesterday and I really like what you´ve done. the atmosphere and the amount of detail is really amazing. I think this is one of the best custom maps for this mod I've seen so far.
nonetheless I noticed some things (as always) which you could improve:

- is this grate some old half life model? It looks a bit out of place. I´m sure you can create a better one with some brushes and high quality textures.

- this floor also has very low quality. make sure you use some high quality ones. if nothing seems to fit, search on the internet and add your own ones.

- same thing with this ugly shutter here. compare the quality of the shutter with the wall and you know what I mean.

- every mirror looks the same -> makes me sad ;)

- boy, these glasses are vvvveerrry strong. do you use bulletproof glass? ;P I need 4 shots with the silver pp7 to break them. that's a long time. I personally prefer glasses which break immediately or after 2 shots. it creates better action.

- I feel so lonely in these empty areas! I would love to see some tables with computer consoles.

- this fence confuses me.

- these pixelated walls ruin the beautiful computer room. in hammer editor there is a white carpet texture. use a smaller scale and it should be perfect.

-in the cavern area the wall texture changes from horizontal to vertical. make it all just vertical, it looks better.

- try to avoid models/brushes cutting into each other. I think it's not so healthy for the framerate.

- the framerate slows down sometimes, especially in the main room. do you use enough areaportals to exclude the non-visible areas?

« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 10:34:30 am by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #206 on: February 18, 2014, 11:56:54 am »

The cells are beeing taken care of, also there will be a better normalmap for the cave material.
The current one is just a blue tinted version of the diffuse texture, which results in very strange lightning effects from certain angles.

PATRIOTA

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • PATRIOTA is looked down upon.
« Reply #207 on: March 21, 2014, 08:22:12 am »

Any news on this map? This topic was started in 2009 and is stopped since February 2014, how many years will it take for the final version?  ::)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 03:41:52 pm by PATRIOTA »

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #208 on: April 21, 2016, 07:30:51 am »

Still working on the map!

« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 08:22:46 am by FReXx »
Released maps:
Download - Ge_Bunker_Nw - Updated for Ges 5.0

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #209 on: April 21, 2016, 02:47:27 pm »

I didn't know you were still working on this. When do you figure it will be ready for release?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up