GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:20:50 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Level Designer Application.  (Read 11378 times)

- Livewire -

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • - Livewire - has no influence.
Level Designer Application.
« on: May 09, 2009, 06:53:39 pm »

Hello!

My names Alex Williams, I'm 17 and currently live in Wales, UK. I've been using Hammer since the age of 14, so I have 3 years experiance with it and I hope to apply some of my experiance to Goldeneye Source!

I'm new to the community, but I've been watching this mod for months and I really like how it's turning out, I'm also a huge fan of Goldeneye and spent COUNTLESS hours on my N64 playing it.

Sadly my post-mod experiance is limited, but only because I never really had the chance due to most mods having a full level design team, or dying shortly after. However! I was a level designer for the two mods 'Overwatch' and 'Event Horizon' which are both unfortunately dead now.

Here are some pictures of my work.

Since I was applying for Goldeneye Source I thought I would make something Goldeneye related, I made this in about 30 minutes. (Please don't assume I rushed this! I just paced myself and had a good idea of what I wanted)

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/6484/hl22009050917492965.jpg

This scene was made for a contest over at Interlopers.net with the theme "Dream". I ended up joint-winning! I also tested myself to see what I can do with displacements for this scene, and as you can see the results are a little..... Twisted!

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/821/hl22009050918155660.jpg

This image is from a small part of a level I made for the mod 'Overwatch' it involves the player having to make his way through a de-railed train and through the wreckage the crash caused. What you see here sadly isn't the final version.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/803/hl22009050918204530.jpg

My final picture I have for you is a map I'm still currently working on, anyone who has played Call Of Duty 4 should be aware of the level 'Wetwork' and this is the map I'm remaking, and It's coming to an end! The map is completely true to the original allowing players to go inside the buildings. I would like to use this map to proove that complex brushwork is my strongpoint. (This map takes a long time to compile, and I havent got around to compiling the entire boat as of yet, so I apologize for the Hammer screenshots! This is still a WIP!)

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/66/hammer2009050919420657.jpg
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/3277/hammer2009050919423599.jpg
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5175/hammer2009050919424432.jpg
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3567/hammer2009050919431134.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope you consider me a place on the team.

Alex Williams.
alexfromhell@hotmail.co.uk

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
Re: Level Designer Application.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 07:21:02 pm »

Wow, great work you posted there! I would like to have you do a trial! Let me get back to you on which level the team would like you to do!

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

- Livewire -

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 07:37:34 pm »

Sure! Thanks for sure a quick reply.  :D

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 07:54:53 pm »

NP, im usually around the forums quite often

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 09:38:43 pm »

That Wetwork remake looks really good!  I absolutely love the Silo remake as well.  You're contest entry for "Dream" was very creative as well.  I think you've shown enough potential to at least get a trial, but I have no say in that :P

- Livewire -

• Agent
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 11:49:51 pm »

Okay cool, a trial would be awesome :D

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 02:11:29 am »

Yea I would like to give you a trial (as i stated before). Heres the scoop, I am going to assign you the map bunker. One of our old developers had it basically finished but he has now vanished so it is on to you. One of the Project managers will be by to bump you to a trial member.

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 02:17:06 am »

It would be cool to see work done with Bunker, since it was my favorite map in the original.

- Livewire -

• Agent
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 11:02:54 am »

Okay sure  :D Bunker was one of my favourite maps so I'll love to do that!

Are you expecting the entire level which could be used in the mod, or is this a pure test task?

JcFerggy

• JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 01:05:56 pm »

Okay sure  :D Bunker was one of my favourite maps so I'll love to do that!

Are you expecting the entire level which could be used in the mod, or is this a pure test task?
I wouldn't know the answer to that, but it shouldn't matter. If you are trying out for the team, you should always try your hardest to impress the team, weather it be in the trial stages, or being apart of the team.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 01:31:33 pm »

It would be the entire map, but either way IF you get accepted on the team, its is after we see enough potential/skill.

- Livewire -

• Agent
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 02:24:26 pm »

Right ok, I'll get started then!  :)

- Livewire -

• Agent
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 06:50:13 pm »

Sorry for all the questions, but will this be multiplayer or a single player version? I'm not sure if you guys are doing single player, I'm just assuming.

JcFerggy

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2009, 06:57:10 pm »

We are focusing all attention to multiplayer, with the thought of single player being a maybe.

- Livewire -

• Agent
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2009, 07:16:57 pm »

So how will I go about placing ammo crates and weapons ect, should I rip them from the beta? Or do you have a file I could download?
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up