GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:27:42 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duke Nukem Forever demo lands June 3 for Borderlands GOTY owners  (Read 11696 times)

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
Re: Duke Nukem Forever demo lands June 3 for Borderlands GOTY owners
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2011, 06:09:16 am »

There'll be a release? We're talking about Duke Nukem Forever, right?

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2011, 02:14:12 pm »

There'll be a release? We're talking about Duke Nukem Forever, right?

Yeah...
Good point. Heheh.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2011, 03:33:52 am »

what score will it get?

Judging by the multiplayer support, big guns, girls, etc.. prob 9.0/10?

namajnaG

• namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2011, 03:34:51 am »

"After twelve fucking years it should be..." 10 out of 10.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2011, 03:39:04 am »

"After twelve fucking years it should be..." 10 out of 10.

^ lol. Fuck yea it better be 10/10!

namajnaG

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2011, 03:44:55 am »

^ lol. Fuck yea it better be 10/10!

If Black Ops can get a 9/10, This should easily score a 15/10.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2011, 09:38:29 pm »

cod games buy ratings.

namajnaG

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2011, 11:53:50 pm »

That would make a lot of sense, But is there any sources to prove what you are saying here?
(Not that I do not believe you, But to be 100% aware of the truth.)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2011, 12:15:51 am »

Obviously no published information, but i will let you decide:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/call-of-duty-black-ops

Note the disparity between the user reviews and the industry reviews.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2011, 02:24:10 am »

Well, I would take user reviews with as much of a pinch of salt as industry reviews, just for different reasons.

Not that I'm in any way defending publishers like EA and Activision who have boundless funds for paying off reviewers as a default marketing strategy... You know, if they wanted to.

User reviews are rarely objective. You get people who are touchy about validating their purchase and so they automatically rate something 10/10, you also get bandwagon reviews that latch onto a particular criticism and underrate a game based on some single problem that may even be trivial. Fact is in any given field 90% of people don't know what they're talking about, they just want their opinions heard.

The problem is these are two opposite ends of the spectrum. Professional media company reviews or end user reviews. I find that the most reliable source of genuine objectivity is from alternative media, somewhere between those two. You should ignore GT and IGN, all of that crap. If you want a real review you want to look at alternative reviewers who are self employed or do it as a hobby, too small-time to be payed off but knowledgable and objective enough to be fair and honest about things. Check out Classic Game Room, I follow pretty much all of their stuff on Youtube, their reviews are awesome and funny, but most importantly they ring true about what the qualities and flaws are in the games.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

namajnaG

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2011, 10:14:27 am »

Obviously no published information, but i will let you decide:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/call-of-duty-black-ops

Note the disparity between the user reviews and the industry reviews.

Yeah, I have reviewed it on that website along with a friend, Both zero's. Actually my friend gave it a 1/10, The 1 being the fun he had bashing the game and its poor dev's.

The problem is these are two opposite ends of the spectrum. Professional media company reviews or end user reviews. I find that the most reliable source of genuine objectivity is from alternative media, somewhere between those two. You should ignore GT and IGN, all of that crap. If you want a real review you want to look at alternative reviewers who are self employed or do it as a hobby, too small-time to be payed off but knowledgable and objective enough to be fair and honest about things. Check out Classic Game Room, I follow pretty much all of their stuff on Youtube, their reviews are awesome and funny, but most importantly they ring true about what the qualities and flaws are in the games.

I sure am going to follow this website from now on. I check out PCGamer once in a while, Some reviewers are all right, But some others I think are just plain too terrible.

Thanks!

EDIT : Back on topic, Here's the new launch trailer.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 11:03:54 am by namajnaG »

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2011, 05:40:25 am »

I've played the demo for the game via the First Access Club. It feels incredible to play a game that took 12-13 years to finally be released. So much history, so many jokes and seemingly false hopes all leading up to this one date. Overall, the game feels and plays solid in my opinion. I really admire Gearbox for picking this up and keeping Duke... well Duke. The one liners, the badassery.

Anyway, that's enough rambling on from me.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2011, 07:20:40 am »

I see the commercials for this game now on TV all the time. only took 10 years haha

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up