GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:22:22 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [PC] Red Alert 3..  (Read 5233 times)

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
[PC] Red Alert 3..
« on: May 06, 2009, 06:44:43 am »

So I saw it in my daily walk through walmart today.. I'm a big RA fan and have played it sense the beginning.. I'm thinking of getting it.. Has anyone tried it?

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
Re: [PC] Red Alert 3..
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 04:15:38 pm »

Eh, I was a bit disappointed.  It wasn't as fun as I was hoping it would be.  That could just be nostalgia though.  I played through the russian and chinese compaigns, and got about 1/3 of the way through the US one before I got bored and stopped playing.  I'm not really sure what was wrong with it, just after a while I just wasn't interested enough to play it anymore.

So yea, its pretty good, but not great. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 02:50:55 am »

I did get it but now i'm having directx problems... i installed what it had on the disc.. so i'd have THAT dx.. but now i'm getting "make sure you are running dx 9" blah blah... but from what i've played before i logged off before the problem started... i like it.. I mean it's not Red Alert 2 or anything.. but it's still C&C and thats what i like from it...

i'm a map making fanatic so after i fix my problem i'll probably get to making insane maps..

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 03:14:39 am »

wrong game bro ;)

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

JamesBondMan

• Secret Agent
  • JamesBondMan is looked down upon.
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 09:31:36 am »

So I saw it in my daily walk through walmart today..
|

You have daily walks in walmart?
Happines is a warm gun.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 03:34:03 pm »

|

You have daily walks in walmart?

You don't?

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 06:14:16 pm »

Lol sharp knows what i'm talkin about.. sometimes we get bored and go watch a movie in the electronics aisle.. thats how i met my last ex.. watching bambi..

so i fixed my problem.. and i've been mass playing some C&C3 and i so far.. love it.. i see a FEW faults but the rest is great.. it's gotten so graphically demanding though so its a LITTTLE slower.. but not enough to uninstall :-p

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 09:25:43 pm »

You met your Xgf watching bamby at walmat (walmaRt for non bostonians) ? Thats priceless

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 04:50:05 am »

You met your Xgf watching bamby at walmat (walmaRt for non bostonians) ? Thats priceless

Lol i love the south

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 09:21:56 pm »

Okey I have RA3. It is like this: Take RA2, update the graphics, add the land of the rising sun, make the cutscenes extremely funny and add some hot babes and add some more micro management techniques.

At first you think "Errrrrr EA games, another reskinned sequal". Then you fire up to LAN RA2 and "Hey... where was this option in RA2 its-... oh wait no it's not there. Damn where the other comma-... oh wait f*ck." And then you realise that RA3 is exactly like RA2 but waaaaaaaaay better.

If you liked RA2 then you will love RA3 :D

Shitty side note: DRM 5 installs. Uninstaller released so you can get back your installs. You need internet for activation and if you happen to somehow run out of installs then you need to call EA, tell them why you installed it 5 times (do a little social enginereing noooooooooooo prrrrrooooooooobleeeeem) and they reset the counter for you. Somewhere in the future EA will release an official DRM-less patch/crack. The good part about the DRM though is that you do not require the freaking disc everytime you want to play.

PS: C&C3 is better IMHO
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 09:30:51 pm by V!NCENT »

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 04:43:49 am »

Okey I have RA3. It is like this: Take RA2, update the graphics, add the land of the rising sun, make the cutscenes extremely funny and add some hot babes and add some more micro management techniques

PS: C&C3 is better IMHO

in the time this thread has been and today.. i've already beaten and un-installed RA3[great fucking game though] and actually JUST got CNC Generals this morning.. next is CNC3 i guess

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 09:04:23 am »

If you bought RA3... make sure you play it on network or you wasted your moneys :P

IMHO its the best C&C for LAN (RA2 loses out due to its hatred for networking lol)

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle
Pages: [1]   Go Up