GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 05:34:46 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Me and Eric Serra  (Read 5230 times)

Goldenzen

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!
    • GoldenZen music - Nothing`s impossible
Me and Eric Serra
« on: July 22, 2009, 06:50:44 pm »

Hello guys,

today I need your help on a project long planned: Like some of you know, I am THE Eric Serra fan from the very beginning and I dedicate my music to his style because although his work in goldeneye was crossfired and still is I think it`s one of the best soundtracks ever to be made (I don`t care if it`s just electronic stuff and to easy and not very spectacular, it`s about the atmo he`s created).

Now the point: Seeing that this good man lives only about 1 hour away from where I am, I really was thinking about contacting guy and to get in touch with him. Even if it`s just per mail.
But maybe if he sees I am so dedicated to his style and such a big fan we could even meet once.
Now comes the negative side of me and says: Dude, if this guy discovers you, and sees you copy his style he`ll sue you and make you pay like a broke salesman.

So I am really in a clinch situation, Eric Serra is not the mega big time composer but I could maybe even learn from him when get in touch but again, maybe that way he discovers me and sue me to hell...

What do you guys think about it ?

Sincerely Yannick
"...ни однохо выздоха...гдые вашй.... I`m alone" Россия

опасно - не входитъ - Ыанник

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
Re: Me and Eric Serra
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 07:18:32 pm »

I think you shuold say you are a very big fan of his style, and have him listen to some music. We cannot be sued because we arent making $ so never worry about that.

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 07:24:45 pm »

That be your 1,666th, Sharp.

Indeed. It's all by the fans, for the fans, from concept to audio to map design.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

jjmusicnotes

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 08:25:48 pm »

As Charles Caleb Colton said, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

If he does notice that much of a correlation between  your music and his, chances are he'll be more flattered than angry, considering he's not a "mega big time" composer.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 08:32:42 pm »

Dude, if this guy discovers you, and sees you copy his style he`ll sue you and make you pay like a broke salesman.

Sue? SUE?  hahahhah i laughed so hard at that i dropped all of my spaghetti from my bowl that I was eating from. Im suing you for 1.) making me laugh hard and the Spaghetti dropped on my clothes that just came out of the washing machine 2.) brand new carpet put in my room which has all the sauce stains on it.

Expect a trial in the mail tomorrow. i sent via express mail, and Im going to win!!!   hahah  jk

Goldenzen

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 08:34:58 pm »

Ok, you guys made some clear statements, especially you osaeed :D

Greets

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 09:57:27 am »

"Eric Serra and I" haha sorry had 2

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 04:28:31 pm »

"Eric Serra and I" haha sorry had 2

Either way... I say you give it a go mate. As others have said, this might work out. If you actually go ahead as planned in the beginning, tell us how it went ;).

Goldenzen

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 08:32:00 pm »

hey guys good news: I`ve found a way to contact the master of GoldenEye music; I`ve found his myspace webspace which I think is really his and not some manager in charge or something - veni, vidi, vici - I wrote a message, check it out:

Good evening monsieur Serra,

I am writing you from Switzerland and really want to tell you that your music has influenced me from when I first began working with music. The world you build around movies with your soundtrack alone is so inspiring, and I love listening to your music on cold and rainy days. The atmosphere many of them contain is immense.

Some of my favorites are Leon and even if some people doubt it: GoldenEye. The GoldenEye Overture is quite possibly one of the best bond songs ever written, and the rest of your sountrack fits the movie perfectly and amazes me to this day.

The GoldenEye Overture is still a "Piece de resistance" on my MP3 player, and will always be.

After buying the GoldenEye Soundtrack I was devastated: I was very young and had put all my money together to buy it and a lot of your tracks were missing or incomplete.

After that I began to re-build some of the missing songs from the GoldenEye soundtrack and started to observe and study your instruments and especially your sound effects, and after ten years work I've managed to build up a library which I call "The Eric Serra SFX Box", with many instruments and sound effects sounding similar to yours and some I did myself.

Today, I am a music composer for a Half-Life 2 Modification called “GoldenEye: Source,” which is a recreation of the classic Nintendo 64 game “GoldenEye 007” on a new engine, incorporating the GoldenEye movie's look with the classic gameplay of the Nintendo 64 game. I've been working on recreating several of the original game's tracks in a style as similar as possible to yours, and many people have told me that I've hit the nail on the head with many of these songs.

I would really appreciate if you could find the time to listen to some of my tracks, which can be downloaded in the links below, and give your professional opinion. To hear from you, my teacher and inspiration, would be absolutely incredible.

Alors monsieur Serra, I hope we can get in touch and have an exclusive exchange.

Yours sincerely,

Yannick "GoldenZen" Zenhäusern

Let`s hope the best,

Yannick
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 08:32:51 pm by The SSL »

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 12:46:10 am »

"We cannot be sued because"

Are you retarded?  This comment goes beyond my stable of pothead jokes. This is serious hit you over the head with a frying pan until all the idiot is knocked out through your ears type of stupid.  Anyone can sue anyone else for any reason.

Hope for the best indeed.  Graeme has proven to be a cool customer, but those are few and far-between.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

jjmusicnotes

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 03:24:06 am »

"We cannot be sued because"

Are you retarded?  This comment goes beyond my stable of pothead jokes. This is serious hit you over the head with a frying pan until all the idiot is knocked out through your ears type of stupid.  Anyone can sue anyone else for any reason.

In that case, I'm going to sue you for being a meany-pants to everyone.  I also know for a fact that I enjoy citrus fruits more than you, so I will also be suing you for the title of "Citrus Jockey."

Hope for the best indeed.  Graeme has proven to be a cool customer, but those are few and far-between.

Looks like you got a Starsky and Hutch thing going on there - I wish I was that tight with someone.

Sole Signal [Audix]

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.
    • Sole Signal music
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 10:25:04 pm »

Grant Kirkhope is a great guy too. He's commented on remixes that I've done of his stuff and is great with people remixing his work.

I miss the good old Rare days with those composers.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2009, 07:28:19 am »

I recently watched a friend playing PD:Zero, IMO the music is the best part of the Game.
Pages: [1]   Go Up