GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 24, 2024, 10:17:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: VC's Cartogratorium: Library  (Read 13098 times)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
VC's Cartogratorium: Library
« on: May 05, 2009, 09:22:35 pm »

Scale: 100.225%
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 09:36:52 pm by Viashino Cutthroat »
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
Re: VC's Cartogratorium: Library
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 09:30:00 pm »

Amazing.

You even got the texture alignment on the top grates off, just like the original!

Only thing that I don't like the the addition of the light props, they don't seem to fit in with the very simple-geometry map and weren't in the original Library, and makes the map look very Unofficial-Alpha-Library-Map-ish IMO.

I can't wait to play this though.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 09:43:28 pm by The SSL »
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 09:45:55 pm »

Lights require light sources.  I tried it without the models and it looked shitty, unofficial, and unprofessional.  And since I am sure as hell not going to try to replicate the vertex/gradient lighting of 1999 in Source...

I've also fixed those two crates' placements and the rotation of the big room's ceiling tile.

KM has been informed of the 6|15 issue.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 09:55:05 pm »

I get the feeling this screen is missing something...

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 09:55:28 pm »

VC, you should have been in Rare at the time they were developing GE007.

Great work you managed there. Now all the team has to do is to scale all the maps like you did with Library and we're on the road to the perfect recreation/reinterpretation/mod.

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 10:12:46 pm »

I'm doing all the classics so those are covered.

There is an alteration to motion speed, but not a large one.  The Neo maps will play fine, if not a little better, without any geometry changes.  (This statement is taking how they perform as "fine," though we know there are plenty of clipping issues to be fixed.)

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 10:13:03 pm »

6|15 issue.

great stuff though, although I'd like to play before making final statement. Player speed might screw up the whole thing.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 10:14:59 pm by Doc.NO »

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 10:18:28 pm »

KM should have a handle on that. The slide and warp around when you touch a wall or railing or anything bug that Valve gave us is far more damaging than a velocity alteration.

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 11:07:02 pm »

The doorway on the left seems wider, and the ammo box placement should be rotated.

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 11:40:46 pm »

i'm surprised you would allow a .225% discrepancy lol

great work man thats creepy how dead on the translation is.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 01:56:32 am »

"The doorway on the left seems wider"

I noticed that but I haven't re-measured it yet. It could be the renderer, since GES and Source are very different in how they handle FOV, but the image matches up so well I'm not relying on that.

Edit: Fixed. It was the correct width, but it was one tile to the right, which made it look wider because it's more distorted at the edges of the view.

I may or may not bother with the ammo boxes.  The most common 007 orientation is 90-degrees from Source and I'm not going to dick with rotating them all by hand.

0.225% is pretty good. Complex is going to be something like 104%; its base width is both very tight and it comes out as about 15-1/3 in hammer units so rounding down to 15 would make it even more claustrophobic, and rounding up means I'm actually on a natural (binary) unit for a change, which is very very nice when working the textures.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 02:09:40 am by Viashino Cutthroat »

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 06:08:28 am »

pretty sexy imo, i'd like to try this *cough*hinthint*cough*.. But all in all it's subtle.. clean.. i like it.. easy on the eyes..

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 11:50:29 am »

Soon. I just need to finalize weapon placements (need to double-check my crates because they don't have numbers on them), clean up my player clips, and go through all the bullshit like building cubemaps (because Source 2009 can't do reflections as well as Unreal 1999 could) and packing in some easter eggage.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 02:11:54 pm »

wow VC working with units of 16!? ITS A MIRACLE!

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2009, 02:36:36 pm »

Not like it helps me much. Since Hammer is a shit and rounds to the hundredth, I can't have my 0.09375 scale factors unless I key the whole thing in manually every damn time.  Which is shitty when Temple throws things like 0.205078125 at me.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up