GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 11:57:04 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Total Noob Questions  (Read 3622 times)

Dieinstyle

Total Noob Questions
« on: April 18, 2009, 06:20:54 pm »

Hey guys, I hadn't played GES in a really long time and i had Beta 1.1 installed, but I felt like playing again so i went to the site and downloaded the 3.1 install file as well as updated the orange box SDK, however when i look for servers there are only two, one of which always gives errors saying my maps are different from it's own, also the other server, (the only one i can play on) has a ridiculous amount of model errors, almost everything is either pink/black checkered or a giant red 3d error model, also happens with the interface, plz help, thanks

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: Total Noob Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 06:25:12 pm »

Make sure you downloaded the full install and not the patch or something. There should be about 30 Servers.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source/downloads/goldeneye-source-beta-31-full-download-exe1

If you want the quickest fix, delete the 'gesource' folder in your sourcemods directory and redownload and reinstall from the link above, waste of some bandwidth but saves you time and headaches from troubleshooting.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Dieinstyle

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 06:27:02 pm »

thanks very much

eamonn

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • eamonn has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 08:36:49 pm »

Uncheck "Show Map List" in the server browser.
Pages: [1]   Go Up