GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 20, 2024, 03:44:18 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Running at a LAN  (Read 4293 times)

SeoN

Running at a LAN
« on: April 17, 2009, 03:23:42 am »

Hi all,

I'm running a LAN next week and I'm just wondering if the helpful people here could suggest the best modes for free for all play and tournament play... I have got a dedicated server set up on a XP machine with SourceMod installed and admin stuff set up.

Part 2 of the question is, I notices there is an execute cfg option in the SourceMod admin menu... Is it possible to make up cfg files for different pre set game modes and be able to load them at any given time through that menu?

I apologise if these questions seem a bit silly, I have only dabbled in dedicated servers for source before, and even then, that was CS so there was a lot of documentation and preconfigured stuff/walkthroughs available.

Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated!

- Michael

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mookie is looked down upon.
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Running at a LAN
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 04:41:00 am »

Make sure you print this out for your LAN party:
http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/Beta_3_Release_Documentation#Server_Variables_and_Commands

As for game mode configurations, we have full support for that built in already. Look in the cfg folder and you'll find a *.cfg file for each game mode (mwgg.cfg, gungame.cfg, etc) which will get executed when the game mode is loaded (ge_gameplay command or map change).

I suggest Tournament DM if you want to play vanilla deathmatch with teams as that will enable the team spawns and allow for a warmup time (tdm_warmuptime)

If you want a custom game mode, I made a deathmatch with armor spawns disabled here: http://www.divshare.com/download/launch/6810244-470

*NOTE* There is a known bug with the dm_fraglimit and tdm_fraglimit commands. It is suggested to set them to TWICE the amount you desire if you want to use these features.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 04:42:36 am by killermonkey »
Pages: [1]   Go Up