GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 20, 2024, 02:47:24 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GamePad support question  (Read 5304 times)

marblesmike

GamePad support question
« on: April 09, 2009, 03:28:20 am »

Before I continue, yes, I know the mouse/keyboard combo is more accurate, but I don't care.

I recently purchased a Logitech Rumblepad 2 gamepad, and have configured it to run with GE:S, however I have one main problem.  When I push my aim button, I still have to used to the mouse to aim.  Is there a way I can configure it to use the gamepad to aim?  Thanks!

Mike

PS- great source and I can't wait to see how much further this can be developed.  If I wasn't programming illiterate, I'd volunteer my skills.  Overall though, much appreciated.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: GamePad support question
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 03:49:57 am »

First off, welcome! Glad you liked the mod, we are always looking for feedback. As for your programming skills, that is definitely not the story, you can totally contribute to this mod if you are an artist (mapping, modelling, 2D stuff) or are into sound fx.

Anyway, as for the game controller... that depends on who made your controller. Some let you do multiple inputs at the same time, some don't (in a game). Also, Source's support for game controllers isn't entirely the best and that is out of our hands for the most part. I am not sure we can offer you much more help then this, update your drivers and check out your config program for your controller.

marblesmike

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 04:00:06 am »

Not sure I'm making myself clear.

It's a logitech rumblepad 2 controller.  I have it set up so that when I press the right trigger button, the crosshairs come up.  However, once the crosshairs appear, I can't use the gamepad's control stick to control the crosshairs, I still have to use the mouse to do that.  There's gotta be a workaround for this.  Kinda silly to use a gamepad and then have to use one of my hands to use the mouse to aim.  Thanks for your quick response!

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 04:45:44 pm »

I understood your post just fine. What I said in my reply is that this is not in our hands. Sorry.

EDIT:
By right trigger button, do you meant the one on the top of the controller or pushing the right control stick down?

Have you tried pressing the "DIGITAL" button on the controller, I know with those Logitech guys sometimes to likes to use the D-Pad instead of the Left Stick for whatever reason....
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 07:10:54 pm by killermonkey »
Pages: [1]   Go Up