GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 18, 2024, 03:03:37 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When starting the game frag?  (Read 4211 times)

corpstoned

When starting the game frag?
« on: April 06, 2009, 09:52:07 pm »

When I start the GESource it says, you have high levels of on disk game files fragmentation this may cause the game to run slower.. or something like that.
It also does this when I try to play DayofDefeat source.

Can someone point me to the culprit or how to fix it.

2nd q:(ive searched a bit)I just installed the game and patch, and I only found one server with noone except me in it.. since i made a thread I might as well also ask this, hope you wont get upset. I couldnt find stickies about it..

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: When starting the game frag?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 10:20:40 pm »

You could try Defragging your games:

Right Click on anygame you want to defrag, click Properties, the goto the Local files tab and hit Fragment Cache Files. For GE:S, might have to defrag Source SDK Base - OrangeBox, I believe.

And as I type this there are about 6 people playing GE:S. Check how many servers you see, should be around 30 servers. Sometimes there are dead times, but its the afternoon so should be atleast 6 people on rite now.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 09:21:21 pm by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 08:20:37 pm »

curious major...what is the difference between goldeneye:source (beta 3.1) and Goldeneye:Source (BETA 3.1) on your steam list....

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 09:22:38 pm »

BETA 3.1 is just the old test version I never deleted, exact same as beta3.1.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.
Pages: [1]   Go Up