GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 03:20:47 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: cradle and archives  (Read 17623 times)

eamonn

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • eamonn has no influence.
Re: cradle and archives
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 10:12:32 pm »

I'm sixteen, and there's a recession. And I'm (supposed to be) busy studying.

double0killa

• Secret Agent
  • double0killa is looked down upon.
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 10:32:50 pm »

Double0killa please do not refer to your FPS problems as lag. Lag has to do with network performance, such as ping and updates. You should refer to your problems as LOW FRAMERATE. The 8500 is nowhere near as powerful as any of the other 8000's, in fact a 7800 is more powerful except it lacks DirectX 10 support.

The reason archives lags you is because there are some issues with the areaportals that tell the engine which parts of the map to draw depending on where you are in the map. It draws A LOT more than it should.

Cradle is obviously always drawn because you can see everything no matter where you are. It just gets worse with more players because that adds more things for your computer to draw.

As for the accuracy of the weapons, try killing me with an automatic or pistol on DEATHMATCH from afar and you will clearly see the reason for the sniper rifle. Do not base your judgement of weapon stats on LTK.

Please, yesterday i was at the cradle on deathmatch and people FROM OPPOSITE TOWERS WERE SHOOTING ME WITH PISTOLS AND DK5'S. I killed 4 people from a tower and all i saw on my screen was black dots and they died. the range on these weapons is exagerated. no way should i or anyone else be able to put up our red crosshairs and hit someone from way across the map and KILL THEM  with a pistol or klobb. Im not the only one who notices this.

by the way I NEVER PLAY LTK. IT IS FOR SCRUBS WITH NO SKILLS WHAT SO EVER. ONLY GAME MODE I PLAY IS REGULAR DEATHMATCH. Or team deathmatch. Anything but LTK. All im saying is that it is crazy to kill someone with a pistol who on your screen who looks like a black dot because they are so far away.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 11:59:55 pm by The SSL »

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2009, 11:29:14 pm »

Goldeneye bullet weapons have no range limit.

Cradle, as a hacked multiplayer map in 007, fogs to oblivion at roughly one-third the distance from tower to tower.  If we implemented that, everyone would yell I CAN'T SEE SHIT, CAPTAIN!

Would you, with a pistol or D5K, want to have no chance to kill someone, when someone has a sniper rifle?  Enjoy your fail.  Gun quality increases your ability to frag, it doesn't determine your ability to frag.  That is skill's job.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

eamonn

• Secret Agent
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 07:12:50 am »

If people kill you from afar, kill them back.

And don't call me Al.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 08:09:38 am »

This thread is tons of laughs..
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

double0killa

• Secret Agent
  • double0killa is looked down upon.
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 12:55:35 pm »

i would love to see anyone go to a gun range a fire a pistol from 800yds away and hit the target. Not even a Navy Seal can do that. But hey, everyone can do it on GES. The only map that has this issue is cradle. It seems to me everyone on the map does two things. find any gun and go to a tower. All im sayin is a pistol should not have the range of a sniper rifle.

eamonn

• Secret Agent
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2009, 01:22:07 pm »

In real life, I can morph into Pierce Brosnan.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2009, 03:12:32 pm »

damn i can not take this seriously haha its too funny!

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2009, 04:04:04 pm »

In real life, I can morph into Pierce Brosnan.

Oh.. YEAH!? OH YEAH!?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2009, 04:59:18 pm »

i would love to see anyone go to a gun range a fire a pistol from 800yds away and hit the target. Not even a Navy Seal can do that. But hey, everyone can do it on GES. The only map that has this issue is cradle. It seems to me everyone on the map does two things. find any gun and go to a tower. All im sayin is a pistol should not have the range of a sniper rifle.

I can shoot an AR-15 WITH NO SCOPE 600 yds and hit my target just fine, so fine that I placed #3 out of 600 NAVY SHOOTERS in a match a few years back.

A pistol can only hope to fling a bullet at most 100-200 yds, the bullets just aren't designed to fly far accurately. If they were, you could probably hit your target if you were skilled enough, but that would take quite a long barrel.

This is Goldeneye, not COD 4 or Insurgency or BF 2. Last time I checked, a gravity manipulation device doesn't exist, HOWEVER Gordon Freeman can effectively place cars on top of each other without breaking a sweat.

jjmusicnotes

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2009, 07:55:19 pm »

This is Goldeneye, not COD 4 or Insurgency or BF 2. Last time I checked, a gravity manipulation device doesn't exist, HOWEVER Gordon Freeman can effectively place cars on top of each other without breaking a sweat.

Has anyone ever seen ol' Gordo in game with a third-person view?  There could be sweat involved. :P

I think the consensus is that games, to an extent, are supposed to be unrealistic - it's why they're games.  They're extraordinary; which if the converse were true, would mean that filling out a TPS report carries the same (if not more) zeal and gusto than mauling your friends with that oh-so-infamous boomstick we all know and love.

Since it's not, the para-ordinary universe of 007 is a haven for people that wish to Bob Ross their lives up a little bit (albiet the growing fad of form filling out.)  Boring, ordinary things blend together, supernatural things stick out because they're different; which GE accomplished on many different levels (metaphorically and literally.) 

If it didn't, would anyone spend time on it recreating it from scratch?  I think the dedication of the dev team and the fan base speak for themselves.

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2009, 11:47:04 pm »

Whats the point of  the weapons that are suposeedly long range like the sniper rifle or AR33 if a pistol does the job just as well.   
Want more FPS overclock your CPU.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2009, 12:38:39 am »

AR33 and Sniper rifle have a power level of 70 instead of 50.  Plus they zoom so you can aim for the head instead of the dot.  And they are more accurate so you don't need to fire as many bullets before one goes where you targeted.

As I mentioned to another poster, better weapons don't make you more powerful, they make your skill more effective at defeating enemies.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

steven_m64

• Insane Coder
  • Secret Agent
  • steven_m64 has no influence.
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2009, 04:34:23 am »

I can shoot an AR-15 WITH NO SCOPE 600 yds and hit my target just fine, so fine that I placed #3 out of 600 NAVY SHOOTERS in a match a few years back.

oooh, nice to see i'm not the only shooter here just finished building my AR-15 a while ago still trying to find some time to properly sight it in with my A3 carry handle. :D

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2009, 09:37:18 am »

Now your just showing off... :P
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up