GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 03:28:44 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Favorate bond Title Theme  (Read 4890 times)

yenshen

• The NEW man with the Golden Gun
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • yenshen has no influence.
    • James Bond Fan Stuff
Favorate bond Title Theme
« on: March 05, 2009, 07:06:05 pm »

THis is a bit of an experiment, but I want to know what your favorate bond title theme is (not sequence), and why.

My favorates are "You Know My Name" because its just a very powerfull song.   My runner-up would have to be "Tomorrow Never dies" mainly because it is a very dark emotional song.

so? whats yours and why?
-I got's the Golden Gun!!!!-
My Site: http://jamesbondfanstuff.webs.com

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: Favorate bond Title Theme
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 07:26:53 pm »

The only ones i like are Tomorrow never dies and Goldeneye. The rest are kind of sub-par songs that do their best to fit in with the bond feeling.

I think TND and GE smash it right out of the park. I still to this day listen to each once a week at least.

Tomorrow never dies especially, i think that is the single best vocal performance sheryl crow will ever do. I dont like her normal songs, im not a fan of hers. But that shit suprised me, in a good way. Saw the movie in the cinema, and i remember the audience kinda didnt get it i think. The predominantly male driven notion was "fuck off with this music, where is bond killing things" - but it got to me pretty hardcore.

Ten years does a lot of things though, I mean compare the artistry of bono/edge writing + tina turner singing, with chris cornell butt raping james bond into this weird thing. Its a clear sign the traditions of bond are long over, since you just know bono wanted to sing his own lyrics with tina (maybe a chorus duet) but he just knew there was fuck all chance that would fly.

I remember when that chris cornell song came on I just felt so uneasy through the whole start credits (no offence to those who liked it), it took me right out of the notion this was a bond film, i remember thinking "why, why did they do this". It was an epic moment when the movie started and completely turned me around almost instantly. Thats the brilliance of martin campbell.

yenshen

• Agent
    • James Bond Fan Stuff
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 08:07:26 pm »

I belive that was the point of the song, to make everyone know that this is not like any other bond film.

anyway, its good that you have a different opinion than I do, it allowes variety, if everyone's opinion was the same, then life would be boring.

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 11:48:26 pm »

Personal Favorites:

"You Know My Name" - Chris Cornell
"Live and Let Die" - Paul McCartney & Wings
"A View to a Kill" - Duran Duran
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 11:49:57 pm by Sergeant Kelly »

yenshen

• Agent
    • James Bond Fan Stuff
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 12:51:25 am »

I'm Likin all those choices!

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 03:11:13 am »

You know my name.
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

Sole Signal [Audix]

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.
    • Sole Signal music
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 06:05:51 am »

"You Know My Name" - Chris Cornell -- the studio version rocks, and the movie version with brass + strings is even better.
"The World is Not Enough" - Garbage -- love the intro, style of vocals aren't my usual listening cup of tea, but I really like the melody and orchestral work
"James Bond Theme" - Monty Norman -- classic, though I've never heard a good quality version of it

Overall, though, not a big fan of Bond themes. "Die Another Day" was simply awful and a lot of the older ones are mediocre at best. I'd rather listen to instrumental renditions of Bond themes any day (like the Goldeneye 007 soundtrack). :)

jjmusicnotes

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 05:13:25 pm »

Overall, though, not a big fan of Bond themes. "Die Another Day" was simply awful and a lot of the older ones are mediocre at best. I'd rather listen to instrumental renditions of Bond themes any day (like the Goldeneye 007 soundtrack). :)

agreed, 007 and Tina Turner should've never, ever joined forces.

by the way, here's the James Bond Theme by Monty performed by the London Philharmonic, it's always been one of my favorite recordings.

check it out:

London Philharmonic Orchestra - James Bond Theme.mp3

rdcarden2006

• Agent
  • rdcarden2006 has no influence.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 05:36:54 pm »

Hmmm....let me see, there's a lot that I like. Goldfinger, Thunderball, Goldeneye. Live and Let Die is good, I just don't think it is as good as most people think. Tomorrow Never Dies is ok. I also like the 2 Craig themes. License to Kill is another one I listen to sometimes. But if I had to pick my favorite, I can't. It's between Goldfinger and Thunderball.

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 05:58:08 pm »

Live and Let Die, no question about it. Although I am a bit bias toward choosing that one, since I am a huge fan of Paul McCartney and anything related to The Beatles.

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 06:04:49 pm »

I'd ahve to go with Live and Let Die from the classics, The World Is Not Enough, You Know My Name, and Another Way To Die. Jack White and Alicia Keys came out with something totally unique from my perspective. Its a dark, compelling song that fits in great with the movie.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

yenshen

• Agent
    • James Bond Fan Stuff
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 02:57:13 am »

another way to die felt a little odd for me, it was good muscily, but the vocals seemed to be kind of just plastered on, it felt a little weak.

also, I dont know about the whole R&B vide with it, it was Ok I guess, but it didn't shot "BOND!" at me in anyway. Instrementals were good, vocals felt weak.

sorry.

Staaf

• Secret Agent
  • Staaf has no influence.
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 10:28:47 am »

GoldenPie!!

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2009, 11:10:18 am »

"You Know My Name" - Chris Cornell -- the studio version rocks, and the movie version with brass + strings is even better.

That, followed by this:

by the way, here's the James Bond Theme by Monty performed by the London Philharmonic, it's always been one of my favorite recordings.

check it out:

London Philharmonic Orchestra - James Bond Theme.mp3

GoldenPie!!

The one above gets an honorable mention.

Axel

• Jenova's Pet
  • Agent
  • Axel has no influence.
    • Myspace
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2009, 12:53:16 pm »

I liked all the recent ones.
Goldeneye was okay, the video blows though ^^
A view to a kill wasn't so bad
I feel lighter, maybe I lost some weight. All that dillydallying