• Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aiming  (Read 7360 times)

RyanSnake

Aiming
« on: February 27, 2009, 06:20:09 pm »

Hey, been a long time since I've tried out this mod and my impression now is that it's come a LONG way. The ONLY gripe I have is the aiming. Something about it just doesn't feel responsive enough, I dunno, anyone else know what I'm talking about?

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Aiming
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 07:20:44 pm »

If you could be more specific, maybe we could help.

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 07:36:39 pm »

Well in n64 when you aimed i think it was the camera stayed still as your gun trollied around the screen.. which i think would be hard to do on the source engine i believe... and this gives more of a fps PC game instead of n64. maybe this is what you meant?

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 09:11:17 pm »

That style of aiming isn't very hard to pull off.

SMOD already has it working.

Daisy-Fan

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Daisy-Fan has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 09:18:34 pm »

Aim suck, i just HATE this. final point.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 09:23:20 pm »

Aim doesn't suck. It helps you hit people who are really far away and also gives the sniper some use. Making the aim like the original had would only be welcomed I guess, since may of this mod's player base are GE007 fans. You would have to stand still while aiming though (like in the original).

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 11:15:27 pm »

Goldeney worked the way it did due to controller limitations i.e not enough analogue sticks or buttons, keyboards and mice do not have this problem, the controls were not what made the game great it was the gameplay.
It seems silly to me to rplicate a control system that is over 10 years old and based on console controllers.

Mouse2 would be better for aim mode its naturally what people press to bring up "iron sights"
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 12:33:07 am by keefy »

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 11:59:53 pm »

Hey, been a long time since I've tried out this mod and my impression now is that it's come a LONG way. The ONLY gripe I have is the aiming. Something about it just doesn't feel responsive enough, I dunno, anyone else know what I'm talking about?
If you could be more specific, maybe we could help.

I'm thinking he means that the crosshair flicker upon appearing sometimes, and that it doesn't always zoom in immediately.
This is a lag issue. Not much anyone can do about that.

Well in n64 when you aimed i think it was the camera stayed still as your gun trollied around the screen.. which i think would be hard to do on the source engine i believe...

Actually, in GE007 you couldn't hold the gun completely steady. Another cool realism aspect of GE007. :)

You hold shift to bring up a crosshair, as it always was in GE007. What more do you want?
Hell, I do an alright job aiming without it. You just know where the center of your screen is after a while.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 12:02:50 am by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

RyanSnake

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 01:11:35 am »

What I mean is that when I'm aiming around normally with the mouse, it feels like there's almost a milisecond of lag from mouse to gun. Like I said, it's weird, something just doesn't feel right.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 01:33:56 am »

Aiming is great, I use mouse2...it´s much better
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

RyanSnake

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2009, 01:40:24 am »

Well I'm not talking about using the crosshairs, I'm talking just moving the gun around, pointing and shooting without the "slow-aim". There's gotta be some kind of input lag.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 01:48:19 am »

What I mean is that when I'm aiming around normally with the mouse, it feels like there's almost a milisecond of lag from mouse to gun. Like I said, it's weird, something just doesn't feel right.

are you using a wireless mouse? Or your CPU has a lot of shit going on in the background.

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 01:53:02 am »

Well I'm not talking about using the crosshairs, I'm talking just moving the gun around, pointing and shooting without the "slow-aim". There's gotta be some kind of input lag.
Thats on your end there matey.  Turn Vsync off.

RyanSnake

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2009, 03:17:39 am »

V-Sync is already off and I'm using a wired mouse. Nothing wrong with my computer, I have the latest nvidia drivers, all other source games seem to work fine. Not saying that this is that much of a problem, just feels weird.

Maxaxle

• ge_paintball 1
  • Secret Agent
  • Maxaxle has no influence.
    • My site
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2009, 04:39:46 am »

Actually, in GE007 you couldn't hold the gun completely steady. Another cool realism aspect of GE007. :)
[size=20]DO WANT! (yo) QUIERO![/size]
Well in n64 when you aimed i think it was the camera stayed still as your gun trollied around the screen.. which i think would be hard to do on the source engine i believe... and this gives more of a fps PC game instead of n64. maybe this is what you meant?
I would want this ONLY if it was an option (and not the only way)!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up