GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:38:19 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Any Developers from Rare to help with mod?  (Read 9719 times)

MysticStrider

Any Developers from Rare to help with mod?
« on: February 13, 2009, 12:33:58 pm »

I want to make a suggestion because basically I've notice the game developers who helped created GoldenEye: 007 on the N64 were excellent makers to the game. Since Rare company I believe is pretty much dead(I think), I was wondering if any you guys know any of the people who worked for Rare that created GoldenEye: 007 on the N64 who can help you guys help develop this mod even better and add a lot of significant improvements.

It's just a suggestion though since it would help with this mod.
But I'm assuming that there are already some of the members of Rare for GoldenEye N64  that helped you guys out already?

Thanks again, I admire you guys for putting up an excellent source mod for the GoldenEye on the N64.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 12:38:40 pm by MysticStrider »

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: Any Developers from Rare to help with mod?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 01:06:06 pm »

There is currently no developers from rare on this team, nor has there ever been.

I dont think they would make improvements personally. We have the game they made as a template and if you couple that with Team Goldeneye: Source' collective design minds, I think its enough :P

being honest i would think it'd be weird for our experiences to have anyone from the original game help, and probably a shady career choice for them as well (if it ever got out)

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 02:26:23 pm »

Agreed. Also Rare are still with us.... they just sold their souls to the devil to hang out in a seedy nightclub with your retarded nephews exbawks...

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 05:34:55 pm »

Agreed. Also Rare are still with us.... they just sold their souls to the devil to hang out in a seedy nightclub with your retarded nephews exbawks...

/lol's extremely hard

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 05:38:54 pm »

I wouldn't be too surprised if anyone from Rare gave at least a word of support to this mod. They were known for making genial games but at the same time strange ones. Take Conker's Bad Fur Day for example.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 06:21:44 pm »

great game lol

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

GoldenGuy

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 05:07:51 am »

Considering Perfect Dark Zero is a better game in all respects compared to this mod, I think you should show them a little more respect.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 05:09:26 am »

Smite!
Not really, though.

~Edit for actual (late) smite.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 09:47:09 pm by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 05:17:46 am »

Considering Perfect Dark Zero is a better game in all respects compared to this mod, I think you should show them a little more respect.

woah, slingin the misguided hate a little? You signed up just to accuse us of not respecting Rare? Bud, we have all devoted 3 years+ of our spare time for completely no profit to recreate their vision but on PC this time. I think of all the people in the world we have more of the respect scale tbo.

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 06:22:17 am »

woah, slingin the misguided hate a little? You signed up just to accuse us of not respecting Rare? Bud, we have all devoted 3 years+ of our spare time for completely no profit to recreate their vision but on PC this time. I think of all the people in the world we have more of the respect scale tbo.

I concur, Defiantly took it out of context.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 06:36:10 am »

I don't see why that gets you fired up. The instant someone says "Perfect Dark is better," that person's relevancy drops to 0 in my mind. :D
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 07:14:21 am »

PD GE
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 08:48:26 am »

GE                          &                          PD

I love them both equally.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 10:37:21 am »

I don't see why that gets you fired up. The instant someone says "Perfect Dark is better," that person's relevancy drops to 0 in my mind. :D

He/she gets as far as a negative number of my choice.

PD GE

Agreed.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 02:44:29 pm »

lol bar graphs.  Because digits are above our target reading comprehension level.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up