GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 09:34:11 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Few forum questions  (Read 3285 times)

Zeno

• Deadly Agent
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Zeno has no influence.
    • Gurren Lagann
Few forum questions
« on: February 09, 2009, 05:21:03 pm »

1) Was there a forum wipe? I had a user back in 2007 which no longer exists.

2) The Steam info in my profile confuses me. For example, the caption is "steam avatar" but then the desc is "Do not use your steam avatar as your forum avatar" and there's a checkbox. Does that mean checking the box will not use my Steam avatar as the desc says? Because I can't get my Steam avatar/status to show up on the forum. Yet my profile shows "Yes" if I check them, which seems to negate the "do not use" in the desc...

3) Does the Steam Community URL not show up anywhere except my profile? Shouldn't it at least be a hyperlink?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 05:25:23 pm by Zeno »

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
Re: Few forum questions
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 06:14:05 pm »

I only know the answer to #1, yea there was a hardware failure, and our forums weren't backed up, so all that data was lost and we had to start over. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: Few forum questions
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 07:55:52 pm »

1) yes as konrad said the old smf got wiped in a domain transfer to a different box. Out of our hands things didnt work out. Now we make backups weekly or more so shouldnt be an issue ever with re-signing up!

2) a steam plugin was attempted but we felt with a userbase of 2000+ it would congest load times a little.

3) since the plugin is disabled it doesnt link your details anywhere, but we didnt remove it from the profile information page. We'll get to it :P we been busy on mod related stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up