GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 18, 2024, 11:32:35 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Half-Life 2 Singleplayer and Multiplayer Mods  (Read 10163 times)

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Half-Life 2 Singleplayer and Multiplayer Mods
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2009, 09:33:53 pm »

Man, I'm having a serious problem with Synergy. When I start it, it gives me that "Failed to create D3D device" error. I have all the video drivers up to date and all the other Steam games run perfectly. I even started HL2 before starting Synergy for the first time like they said in their website, but nothing. Can anyone help me?

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2009, 10:51:13 pm »

Synergy never worked for me.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2009, 11:07:35 am »

Synergy never worked for me.

And it will never work for me either, because I just uninstalled the thing. After all, it's BETA 3 day! Downloading as I write this!

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2009, 04:57:48 am »

hl2ctf was all i played fo 2 years, as of now it uses an old SDK version so suffers from terrible hitreg. The lead coder "zero" left to spend more time on black mesa. It's popularity was dwindling slowly but TF2 released which pretty much killled it dead, now onyl a handful of hardcore still play it so if you give it a try there is no doubt you will suck compared to them which puts off  most new players even if there was lots still playing :(
In those 2 years I had massive amounts of fun playing though.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 05:03:30 am by keefy »

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2009, 10:09:19 am »

@keefy

For HL2CTF you need HL2DM, right? Because once I was almost going to download it, it seemed like some serious fun, but then I didn't, don't know why though....

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2009, 01:36:06 pm »

Yes you need HL2DM but not the free version.
There will be an update in the next month or so which will utilise the SDK base so as long as you have a source game  you can play.

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2009, 01:38:47 pm »

There will be an update in the next month or so which will utilise the SDK base so as long as you have a source game  you can play.

That's a good one. Thanks for the info. I like CTF so I'll probably download it. i you still play it, then I'll probably see you there in a near future. ;)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up