GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 02:16:32 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is everyone doing for SuperBowl XLIII?  (Read 12253 times)

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • PeskySaurus is looked down upon.
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
What is everyone doing for SuperBowl XLIII?
« on: January 29, 2009, 08:43:01 pm »

Aside from getting drunk and grilling steaks with friends and family of course.

I should be hanging out with my brothers, doing the usual stuff. I live 40 minutes from the stadium it is playing at (in Tampa), but there is no way in hell I can get tickets, nor do I feel like driving north for an hour just to tailgate party. We can party just fine here. I know some of you aren't American, but if you still love the SuperBowl post anyway! And if you're American and don't care for it, just give yourself a wedgie and me your lunch money now to save me the trouble NYEEERD  ;D hehe jk
"I got something deep inside of me, courage is the thing that KEEPS US FREE!" - If you don't know the source of this line, don't even bother talking to me you communist.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: What is everyone doing for SuperBowl XLIII?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 08:56:44 pm »

Playing Goldeneye Source if I can help it.  Maybe the local inernational-programming channel will be running some Australian football, a far superior sport.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 09:42:12 pm »

lol, if that's soccer, then I see in now way how is it superior. Soccer is for little puny pretty boy faggot ass pussies. Me and/or my 280 pound line backer friend would turn them into human mush for fun. I will give rugby credit though, but if any of our 400 pound of muscle wanted for murder black guy NFL players were to tackle someone without pads... well... like I said, there wouldn't be much left of the receiving end.

*goes to polish his american made shotgun and eat beef jerky and work out cause hes a manly american* lol
"I got something deep inside of me, courage is the thing that KEEPS US FREE!" - If you don't know the source of this line, don't even bother talking to me you communist.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 09:48:49 pm »

Watching it
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 09:54:20 pm »

Playing Goldeneye Source if I can help it.  Maybe the local inernational-programming channel will be running some Australian football, a far superior sport.

what? aussie rules football? if thats what you mean, wrong season. its summer :P or what do they have 3 month delays on providing you with the finals games? :P

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 10:00:37 pm »

It was on a couple months ago.  Florida has an afilliate that runs MHz Worldview during the evenings and over-nights.  Usually it's news programming from UK, France, Russia, or India, but they also air some AFL.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 10:09:50 pm »

It was on a couple months ago. Usually it's news programming from UK, France, Russia, or India, but they also air some AFL.

true, probly the grand final would be the likely thing to make it internationally (last match of the season). I know that cable in dozens of countries picks up the finals series and most air the grand final live.

Btw nothing against american football but this chick once told me when you are there it takes 3 hours, half that is start and stopping and standing around figuring out plays....thats why i like getting hilights aired of the superbowl, 5 mins of sheer win is better than 3 hours of that to me.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 10:10:41 pm »

gettin fucked up!!

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 10:18:10 pm »

It's more than half down-time.  American football is turn-based strategy game of professional sports.  Everyone lines up, crashes into each other like fools (note that the mentally retarded wear helmets too) while the two or three skilled athletes (they're easy to spot because they are thin and agile) on the team are entrusted to actually move the ball around.

Sure, there is a lot of impressive muscle out there, and the players are dedicated and put a lot of work into playing, especially at the professional level.  But working hard isn't working smart, and these athletes could be using their talent, or at least bigness, toward something greater than crashing into each other and waiting for the next play.

But that's not the important thing.  The important thing is that a large number of American males are programmed that Football is Manly and American, and so they salute the pigskin and watch the commercials and buy the beer.

$ports.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 10:19:24 pm »

I'll be playing Beta 3, which is far more entertaining then football

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 10:20:03 pm »

1: Compile failed. Syntax error. Token 'than' expected.

Well, that's two people playing GES.

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 11:14:50 pm »

damn you guys are nerds. i mean im a nerd but damn
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 11:28:56 pm by PeskySaurus »

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 11:34:04 pm »

Play some TF2, CSS and Beta 1.1. Don't care for Football, or any sport for that matter.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 06:05:28 am »

why do i want a super large bowl of cereal?
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 06:16:12 am »

I'm not into any sports, so I will be doing the same thing that I do every night.

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 05:38:01 pm »

Try to take over the world????

Ratdart

• Agent
  • Ratdart has no influence.
    • Texas Militia
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 06:34:33 pm »

I am sitting at home and enjoying myself since I got the day off! :D

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 06:51:11 pm »

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 01:38:30 am »

Try to take over the world????

you took the words RIGHT out of my mouth!

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Sole Signal [Audix]

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.
    • Sole Signal music
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2009, 06:56:01 am »

Watching the game! Duh.

VC, your argument about football doesn't work. Players have to know scores of offensive and defensive packages, how to read the opposing team on the fly, and how to whine and complain their way to more involvement on the field.

Granted, playing offensive and defensive line might get rather boring. We play every other Sunday or so at my church, sometimes we get enough people for 11 on 11. It's all about wide receiver or safety.  :)

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2009, 03:01:15 pm »

Watching the game! Duh.

VC, your argument about football doesn't work. Players have to know scores of offensive and defensive packages, how to read the opposing team on the fly, and how to whine and complain their way to more involvement on the field.

Granted, playing offensive and defensive line might get rather boring. We play every other Sunday or so at my church, sometimes we get enough people for 11 on 11. It's all about wide receiver or safety.  :)

Anquon Boldon FTWQ!

Ratdart

• Agent
  • Ratdart has no influence.
    • Texas Militia
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2009, 06:33:11 pm »

Superbowl ins roughly 5 hours. I got the snacks all ready to go!

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2009, 06:35:33 pm »

WOOOO GO STEELERS!!! Going to a grill party at my brothers in roughly 3 hours. Can't wait.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2009, 05:40:07 am »

I feel sorry for the Cardinals, they should of had that one. But good game by both teams.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2009, 06:05:59 am »

I played ges beta 3
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

Sole Signal [Audix]

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.
    • Sole Signal music
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2009, 06:28:10 am »

Anquon Boldon FTWQ!
Apparently his whining worked. Finally got in some action tonight.

But yeah, heck of a game. This years and last years were the best two Super Bowl's I've ever seen. Really wish Warner would have gotten that last pass off.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2009, 03:11:28 pm »

Yea I am a patriots fan and ill admit last years superbowl was a good game, this kept me on my toesiez tho

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up