GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:23:42 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: New Forums  (Read 17675 times)

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
Re: New Forums
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 01:03:53 am »

The Steam thing is cool, though it does seem to get rid of the pretty bars and previous avatar. Also, the green name tag is back!

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 01:04:29 am »

I like the new theme. Needs like bold links when its a new post or what ever like the old one. But I'm sure with time, it will be sweet!
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 01:06:00 am »

The Steam thing is cool, though it does seem to get rid of the pretty bars and previous avatar. Also, the green name tag is back!

AS i just installed the green name tag mod thingy. :P

P.s. Dam you kelly, you beat my playing time by .1 hours :(
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 01:08:04 am by Mark [lodle] »

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2009, 01:09:09 am »

The Steam Community thing is cool, but I think it would be better suited in the profile, instead of in the user column,

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 01:17:20 am »

The Steam Community thing is cool, but I think it would be better suited in the profile, instead of in the user column,

I think its cool there, just needs to be moved around, maybe something like this:

All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2009, 01:19:43 am »

Interesting idea, im sure lodle will hate you but look into arranging that formatt.

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2009, 01:21:59 am »

Im not a fan of that. I am thinking of changing it around a bit though.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2009, 01:47:09 am »

Well, the skin is a bit too dark in my opinion. I wouldn't mind a lighter version. Still, great work here. Left column definitely need a bit of changes - seen a lot of scroll'd avatars. And SMF 2+ is really nice.

Also, wtf with the WIKI??!!!! You backed up the forum, and it's the same as the dot com. But the wiki is fucking new on the dot net... Why don't you backed up and used the old dot com one??!! It just does not give prop to the man in the history. Your killing the WIKI the same way the forum have had with the invision/SMF change...

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2009, 01:50:27 am »

The problem is we dont have any access to the .com server at all. This is the whole reason we switched to .net and we are lucky we could do a db dump from the forums admin page with out needed access to the box.

Ill get sean to ask scott but i dont think we will be able to get one.

And the avatar thing is because 2.0 limits the size of the user column (means people will need to have smaller avatars)

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2009, 01:51:48 am »

The problem is we dont have any access to the .com server at all. This is the whole reason we switched to .net and we are lucky we could do a db dump from the forums admin page with out needed access to the box.

Ill get sean to ask scott but i dont think we will be able to get one.
I would suggest you to freeze the current dot net one and then beg scott to give you a back up of the dot com maybe along with other things you might need.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2009, 02:01:47 am »

I do not think the wiki is that big of a deal, as was losing like over 50 thousands posts from our forum history two seperate occassions.

The thing is, we "could" have ported each wiki page one by one using a wiki method called "export/import pages", which brings history across but that is too much effort. Each must be done individually and thats not including the fact that the userdatabase still wouldnt link unless you created your username again. Thats all iffy.

Look at my wiki thread in this section to find out what the plan is with wiki and why a fresh start is ok in my book :)

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2009, 02:33:14 am »

Are you going to add a button to the wiki like the old forum had? That was a handy button.

And after getting used to it, I actually like the new theme. Go figure.

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2009, 02:37:18 am »

Yes ill add it back in time. Atm im trying to work our what caused the server to lock up before

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
  • PeskySaurus is looked down upon.
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2009, 03:34:10 am »

If my input matters, I like the new theme. The wood texture makes me feel like I'm loading a magazine on an expensive fancy MI6 table to get ready for an agent mission (if that makes any sense at all.)
"I got something deep inside of me, courage is the thing that KEEPS US FREE!" - If you don't know the source of this line, don't even bother talking to me you communist.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Retired Lead Developer
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2009, 03:40:34 am »

Its excactly what i think too :P I heart it so bad. Theres still the bolder font issue im working on.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up