GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 02:09:13 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Videographer/Publicity  (Read 5717 times)

Retro

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Retro has no influence.
Videographer/Publicity
« on: December 15, 2008, 07:19:43 am »

Great to see that Goldeneye Source is starting to gain steam.

Back when the game first came out in 2006 I made a video to show off the great work you guys put into the game.  Since your making so many changes and making the game better I would like to be on the goldeneye source team and help spread the world of the game with another video.

My experience with film and editing has been with my father, he ran a public access TV show and I was the Videographer/Editor. Also the city of Waukegan, IL hired me to make a commercial for 'Scoopin Genesee' which aired on several network cable TV Station, the most popular being Comedy Central.

This is the video I made from 2006:

You can contact me via Email at Tfarella@live.com  or  AIM:  Tman00178

Thanks for your time,
Tony

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
Re: Videographer/Publicity
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 09:08:19 am »

one thing i noticed in your gameplay video, is that its just you running around shooting your friends. there isn't any variation on camera movement or anything to add some variety to your shots. as a result of that the video gets really boring quick. another thing is there's no tension or build up from the variety of shots. so again that sort of leads to a dull video.

i say get your buddy's together and try to make another video, check out the black mesa source video that one is pretty cool.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 11:27:43 am »

Im a videographer with plenty of real life experience too, and it means dick inside the videogame realm ive come to find. Only new games like crysis are starting to allow easy recording tools to avi files with pre-fab camera angle assistance.

Unless i have avi footage to work from, I cant make anything. A videographer in source gaming is as an editor is in a film production, they need already done sequences to make stuff shine. Its this that puts a dent in our ability to make dynamic videos since Xanatos is not really at our disposal these days. He has the expertise and experience capturing footage from demos in interesting ways, hes learned all the techniques over YEARS of extensive machinima production. Where in true machinima, he films the footage from demos which can take a lot of patience and work, and then later edits those fraps elements as well, he doesnt just piece first-person footage together.

I think i speak for all when i say we need to see some evidence you excell in machinima, if you have some demo's, go into them and play around with demo smoothing and recording fraps in drive mode type of ways (like hide your guns and the hud if you werent in spectate mode), record to fraps sequences of other ppl's gun battles etc then intercut with your first person stuff to create an interesting blend.

A key reason we need this evidence is we would be interested in someone to do some professional work (if xanatos cant help us when beta3 is ready) but we certainly cant afford to bring someone onboard, do the whole drill of coaching a new dev ; Explaining the internal pipeline and setting them up, to then have a dissapointment.

Retro

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Retro has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 10:52:33 pm »

Thank you for the ideas. i'll see what i can put together
Pages: [1]   Go Up