GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 12:59:24 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound Designer / Audio Engineer Application  (Read 5714 times)

pedmands

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • pedmands has no influence.
Sound Designer / Audio Engineer Application
« on: November 23, 2008, 11:32:06 am »

Hey Guys,

-I know you just accepted a trial member in the position of Sound Designer, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and apply anyway.

-I live in Austin, so I'm looking for freelance work to pad my resume to get in at EA or other game developers as a sound designer. I don't have any professional game experience yet, but I have been recording and mixing for live talent, independent films, and animation for over 5 years. I am a certified engineer by the New School for Jazz and Contemporary Music.

-I use ProTools and Reason for the majority of my work. I also have a nice live studio for recording any elements you might need quickly & with high quality.

-I have two animations that I can show you (without consulting the client) located here:

http://fifisreality.com/preston/movies/drm_bike.mov (right click, save as...)

http://fifisreality.com/preston/movies/drm_roaches.mov (right click, save as...)

I did all of the sound and music work on the animations, and they won a few awards (link located at http://www.oeffinger.com, who is the animator I worked with)

-It would be better to reach me at pedmands (at) gmail (dot) com,

or

AIM- thepumpkinbandit

if I'm on.

Thank you very much for the consideration, look forward to hearing from you guys.

-Preston
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 06:45:31 pm by pedmands »

Intrepid

Re: Sound Designer / Audio Engineer Application
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 12:00:53 pm »

Your video links don't work. Also --not that my opinion matters-- from what I watched on webpage you linked everything sounds well done. I wouldn't see any reason you wouldn't make it, and I don't think you'll need it but good luck anyways.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 12:53:47 pm »

Both video links work, just take a minute to load.

I really like them, they seem nice and high quality, if you have a real studio for sound effects, you could be a godsent if you could do that level of quality as those videos.

But you'll have to wait for the Project Leads and Sound Devs.

Good Luck
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 08:12:15 pm »

ROFL I love the DRM movies! The sound effects seemed a little washed out compared to the voices and the music though. Its pretty good though

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 03:27:34 am »

you said that you were looking for "Freelance work" and just to make sure stuff is clear we cant pay you cause we have no money hehe.

your sounds were pretty good, its a bit diffrent than video game SFX but ill bump you to trial to see what you can do for us.

bumped to trial

go ahead and make a thread in the trial members section and lets see what you can do.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

StrikerMan780

• Hellbender
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • StrikerMan780 has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 06:54:24 am »

I'm Pretty good at Recording/Mixing gunshot sounds, I should send a preview of my work sometime. I'm also good at altering existing gunshot sounds to sound better/totally different.

Check out [SM]'s HL2: Deathmatch Server! I've worked hard on making it the best it can be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up