GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 24, 2024, 11:40:49 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: VC's Laboratory 81119  (Read 20652 times)

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
Re: VC's Laboratory 81119
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 02:34:46 am »

Are you sure you updated the PP7 code, VC?
The unsilenced version definitely fires slower and has better accuracy.

Anyone who disagrees with the current fire rates cant be considered a goldeneye fan. Because they are exactly on. I tested in both formatts.
The fire rates might be spot on but the view recoil isn't. I'd change one or the other because these current ones give me headaches.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 02:38:05 am by Sergeant Kelly »

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 02:50:17 am »

Could be off, but Killermonkey is solely responsible for "view recoil" right? That either never existed, or wasnt a strong feature with ges before beta3.

Personally i dont understand it, and it indeed for me messes with a lot of the way guns aim. Its my view fire rates should not be changed from VC's well gathered statistics to support some "new" feature to goldeneye gameplay.

It should be the other way around. New features being subtlely (emphasis) nestled around canon fire rates to offset the keyboard/mouse advantage. I got no problem with view recoil if it is just very minimal. We'll see how this all pans out in testing. These new statistics for weapons have in essence BROKEN the game, because its step #1 in getting a good basis to conform the other aspects of weapons, animation, and coding to a more nostalgic state.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 02:54:34 am by Wake[of]theBunT »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 03:00:56 am »

You are being awfully dramatic Wake. The view punch does not affect aim in the slightest besides adding a visual impact to the gun firing. Your aim is still in the same PLACE and in the same CONE as your crosshair. I am not in favor of making COD4 view punches nor am I in favor of NO view punch, I want to create a sense that the weapons are really doing something when you fire them instead of just a sound and animation. If you want nostalgia pickup the N64, we simply can't have nostaglia and let it be fun by the virtue of > 4 players. That alone is the cause for tweaks and differences. Also, visual additions are a great way to bring the player INTO the game and let them feel like they did when playing with their friends in GE64.

If you want to discuss further hit my up on AIM or the dev forums.

As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better. Since all the weapons have their place again in the lineup.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 03:04:13 am by killermonkey »

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2008, 06:28:22 am »

Public discussion is fun. Dev discussion is for the details.

PP7 Unsilenced is a high-quality gun. You'll note that in Goldeneye 007 multiplayer, it only appears in Golden Gun mode, and it takes the #5 spawn slot, which replaces the second headliner weapon.  It's just that smexy.

The pistol fire rate is certainly up for discussion; they behave oddly* and I'm mostly concerned with keeping them slow enough that people can't abuse them with creative scripting.  Shotgun fire rates are canon as long as you are tapping the trigger in Goldeneye 007; that's just how they roll yo.  If they prove overpowered in testing then I'll happily throttle them, but I don't expect that to be the case with AShot v. RCP90.  I'm guessing rocksalt would fit in with Automatics-grade weapons.

* Oddly means in GE007, you can tap off a couple shots very quickly but then the game throttles you on #3 or #4.

lol bunty; is RCP feeling slow?  I could bring it up just to make people feel better, but if you're judging fire rate by sound, it should be noted that GE007 doesn't exactly match sounds to bullets.  Klobb sounds like it fires four bullets each time you pull the trigger.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 06:32:32 am by Viashino Cutthroat »
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2008, 06:58:05 am »

I've sent an update on the scripts; the only change is the damage and scaling has been adjusted because the way I had them made them deal trivial damage to objects.

Regarding fire rate; Testing can tell me after a couple sessions if they think pistols should be PP7-S speed or PP7/DD44 speed.  PP7-S is spammy fast like GES Alpha/Beta2, DD44 and PP7-U are timed against the fastest Goldeneye canon speed I could consistently fire at.

Regarding visual recoil; I'll await more testing feedback before changing much, but mostly I'm interested if Kelly's the only one who gets headaches from shotty and if CMag feels appropriate.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 07:47:55 am »

Since we seem to be posting here.

Is the Pump supposed to be same speed as Auto shotgun?

And is the Sniper rifle supposed to be automatic, is so, may need lower recoil cause crosshairs never return to center before next round is fired.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 08:56:51 am »

No more talking here please. As VC said this was intended to be "fun" blog talk about his progress, not developer details and feedback from playtesting. Im guilty I overshared myself, and its a trend we probly should not engage in further.

kkthanks.

VC continue making it fun and bloggy.

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 09:22:28 am »

for anyone in the community wondering what its like to be a dev... this is a pretty good taste lol.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 06:46:41 pm »

I don't mind the questions much; it forces me to think from new points of view and that is required to avoid becoming a stubborn arse. :D  However  I'd much rather discuss guns with the testers in tester land after a test.

In GE007, rocksalt and assault shotguns fire at the same rate. That the rocksalt looks like a pump has no impact on its behavior.  It really serves no purpose other than to allow a shotgun in a weak-weapon environment.  In single-player, you weren't going up against enemies with brains and body armor.
In GE007, sniper rifle behaves like a silenced PP7.  It tap-fires rapid semiauto with a slower refire rate if you hold the key. The recoil thing is an experiment to discourage spamming with it.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2008, 11:47:33 pm »

Nice, I am totally digging all this discussion. :) I actually think I would enjoy being a dev if I ever had the skills. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2008, 11:51:35 pm »

Nice, I am totally digging all this discussion. :) I actually think I would enjoy being a dev if I ever had the skills. :)

TAKE IT BACK WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!@!!@!@!!@

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up