GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 20, 2024, 02:48:16 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: VC's Laboratory 81119  (Read 20278 times)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
VC's Laboratory 81119
« on: November 20, 2008, 12:36:08 am »

Still a couple small things to work out on the code side, but here's the list of weapons I have scripted and a few notes.

White means I'm done with it unless I have a typo or something tests out as broken.
Orange means I haven't done much/anything with it.
Red means there is a problem with the weapon.

#1 Slap
#2 Hunting Knife
These melee attacks will be tuned through playtesting.  Traditional damage doesn't exactly work with Source hitboxes and the effectiveness of melee is different on PC, so instead of normal zone damage, I've set a custom damage/hitbox pattern.
#3 Throwing Knife
I haven't tested if the hitbox damage scaling actually functions or not; this statement applies to melee as well.

#4 PP7
#5 PP7-S
#6 DD44
All pistols are receiving a 40% accuracy nerf to compensate for the ease of accurate aiming on mouse/keyboard.

#7 Klobb
Still sucks.
#8 KF7
Proper burst-fire is not yet implemented.
#9 ZMG 9mm
#10 D5K
#11 D5K-S
Doesn't exist (yet) because the mythical ZMG-S has been sitting in D5K-S's slot.
#12 Phantom
#13 AR-33
Proper burst-fire is not yet implemented.
#14 RCP-90

#15 Rocksalt Shotgun
#16 Assault Shotgun

#17 Bishop Sniper Rifle
150% of traditional damage. Adjustable scope is not implemented. It should run from 90° to 10.5°, I'll probably park it around the 20's.
#18 Cougar Magnum
All pistols are receiving a 40% accuracy nerf to compensate for the ease of accurate aiming on mouse/keyboard. But CMag is almost a rail anyway.
#19 Golden Gun
#20 Silver PP7
#21 Gold PP7
To make Gold PP7 viable in multiplayer as a special premium weapon, I am breaking it from canon. Its damage base is now 200 instead of 5000.
#22 Military Laser

Weapons not listed, such as explosives, are still on Beta 2/whatever specs.  They will be tuned once gunplay is rubberstamped.

I will test these myself this evening and hopefully get them on SVN tonight.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 02:21:26 am by Viashino Cutthroat »
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
Re: VC's Laboratory 81119
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 12:55:09 am »

Nice progress VC!  You have come a long way ;)

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 02:19:57 am »

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 02:30:16 am »

Quote from: Viashino Cutthroat on Today at 11:36:08 AM
#7 Klobb
Still sucks.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 04:10:08 am »

SVN isn't nice to me so I've sent the scripts to #S.

Buntypoo, once he uploads them, you're on.  In particular, test out melee and see if they are just-right or if they need a tweak.

Some monster added gravity to throwing knives.  The era of the epic 100-yard knife to the face of the golden gun guy has closed. :(
I had so much fun at that moment.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 04:22:32 am »

ya have tweaked TK? should hold them onmousedown and fire them onmouseup (atm, you fire them onmouseodwn :/).

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 06:00:46 am »

What monster added Gravity? Would it be the big bad meanie programmer guy? Oh thats right, we live in a physical world and so does Bond and his throwing knifes! :-*

EDIT:

Feedback on new scripts...

1. Cougar and Shotgun (pump) shoot WAY too fast
2. Sniper zooms in too far (can see it in top left)
3. Cougar's view punch should remain like it was, the weapon seems too weak now
4. AR33 seems a tad fast

Otherwise I love the rest, D5k is canon speed and the RCP90 is hot with the new sound. Great job mate!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 06:17:13 am by killermonkey »

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 07:45:36 pm »

Judging on this post, I am assuming Military laser and Phantom are both in the game and functioning???? If so, that is pretty sweet. :) Hopefully more explosive or projectiles start to begin piling in before release. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 08:45:08 pm »

1. Cougar and Shotgun (pump) shoot WAY too fast
2. Sniper zooms in too far (can see it in top left)
4. AR33 seems a tad fast
knives shoot too fast as well.

Also, KF7 & AR33 should fire at least 3 ammo (and not one like atm) with a quick shot.

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 08:54:18 pm »

Except that in corny spy movies, throwing knives work at any range, have no gravity, and always strike tip-first.  MAGIC!

1) Weapon timing is canonical for CMag.  Shotguns are timed to the maximal firing rate when tapping the trigger. They fire more slowly if you hold the button down in GE007, but rof/c_rof is/was not working for Shotguns so I timed them for the tapping rate.  (If you fixed it, it wasn't fixed on automatics because I tested it on ZMG and c_rof was ignored)  As for rocksalt, it looks like a pump shotgun but you never operate the pump action in Goldeneye, likely because it was too complicated to be implemented.  That's why I started labeling them rocksalt and assault recently -- the only difference between the two is the power level and that the multiplayer auto shotty is slightly more accurate.  And for that reason, penalising its rof would be like making Klobb take 5 round magazines.
2) Can the viewmodel on Bishop vanish after  the fov gets under a threshold? That should make it stop being rendered when it slides out of view, preventing it from peeking.  Which would be good since eventually that babe needs a sliding zoom to 10.5 degrees.  Also regarding zooming, the time is always the same even if the view is already partially zoomed, for example, if I zoom in to 20 degrees, let it out to 40, it takes the full zoom period to go from 40 to 20 again rather than (40-20)/(90-20) * zoomtime.
3) There is ZERO view punch in Goldeneye 007; adding any at all is window dressing and what's the point of a powerful gun if you can't use the damned thing?  I'll hear the beta tester's impressions of whether or not it looks right, they might want it removed altogether.  My main line of thought was it's supposed to be a magnum, not an anti-aircraft gun, and that the one-handed shotguns should feature the wildest kickin'.
4) AR33, along with ZMG and RCP90 have weird fire rates because of how the GE007 rof changes over time.   They all start at a high rate and slow down a bit.  For now I've parked them at 0.078, which is where they start at.  Fortunately, because of invuln effects, rof isn't critical for the submachine guns -- it just determines how long you can hold the trigger in a panic and how densely you can spam a hallway. And how quickly your accuracy takes a dive. :D

Phantom is operating though I think it's still lacking unique sounds.  Moonraker sorta vanished for some reason, maybe there's a bug in it, but I did write a script for it.

Re: Burst fire.
The way it works is you always fire a number divisible by three, not just at-least three.  So if you fire four rounds, firing doesn't stop until the sixth is fired or you empty the magazine.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 08:57:24 pm by Viashino Cutthroat »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 10:23:56 pm »

Zoom time is fixed, nice catch. Reload zoom out is smooth now as well instead of instant zoom out.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 12:02:22 am »

Whats the need for a developer forum when you can just discuss back and forth in a public blog. I think you are giving scott a hardon.

Spoiler for Hiden:
since he at one point was talking seriously about outsourcing major development tasks to the public

Anyhow, viewing public, we are testing all of these implementations as a means of giving you a more goldeneye experience. In an official update we will try to give you a sense of the progress without complex threads with often differing opinions like this :D Good day to you
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 12:03:59 am by Wake[of]theBunT »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 12:15:04 am »

Meh, I think our fans get hard ons when they see progress ;-)

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 01:38:23 am »

The new changes are nice, though the PP7 and DD44 fire a bit too slow now and the PP7 strangely has better accuracy than the PP7-S.
I like how the Klobb fires even slower now. :p

I agree with KM on the shotguns; they fire very fast and the view pitch is rather disorienting. I'm all for lowering the firerate on the regular shotgun.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 01:56:09 am by Sergeant Kelly »

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 02:05:56 am »

Anyone who disagrees with the current fire rates cant be considered a goldeneye fan. Because they are exactly on. I tested in both formatts.

If it feels wrong to anyone, you were bred on 3 years of scott/lodle/killermonkey's best estimates of what goldeneye: source should "feel" like. Whereas this is goldeneye statistics, reborn on a PC. Epic all im saying.

I got to say that c-mag finally feels like a proper gun now, not like im a down-syndrome with a giant pistol. AR33 feels more like the original, in my testing the rcp90 does not feel correct though, and thats the only one i saw a difference in fire rate between platforms (maybe im wrong? idk). This marks a turnaround in beta3 becoming something that will rock your socks off, kids! Im so glad this VC experiment was given legs.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 02:29:30 am by Wake[of]theBunT »
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up