GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 08:03:28 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VC's Laboratory 81107  (Read 13562 times)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
VC's Laboratory 81107
« on: November 07, 2008, 08:02:04 pm »

This week I've been put to task by #S to get the guns done right.  As we all know, VC is very exacting and has decided that his traditional methods of getting gun stats are insufficient.  Long story short, I've been hacking through the quest to find the accuracy figures.  Apparently they are in compressed data blocks because I wrote a tool to find them and came up empty-handed.  The alternative to finding the values directly is to find them by trial: Fire a lot of bullets and look at the most-inaccurate strikes.  Thus, today I am working on Alpha 2 of a program that does all that for me.  See, firing bullets by hand and getting the impact location and checking for extremes is very tedious.  A hundred bullets on one gun is boring enough, and we have a couple dozen. Plus, we need thousands of bullets to get a good sample since we are looking for the rarest of extremes.  So why not have a program that will push say 25000 rounds through each gun and do all the math for me while I sleep?  Workin' on it, because my Alpha 1 seems to push too hard and cause system instability, but preliminary figures show my system works.

In the mean time: A klobb that won't miss.

I can also make a Pew Pew 7 fire lasers.

As for implementation, I hope to have this all ready for GES B3, but if not, a B4 is fine too. Beta 1.1 was a blast even with lolguns, so I'm not going to rush Goldeneye guns against an arbitrary deadline.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
Re: VC's Laboratory 81107
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 12:08:00 am »

#S= me i take it?

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 02:24:45 am »

Naturally.  You don't expect me to actually key out something using zeroes for the letter O, and an "ah" for "er."  Japanese people do that.  Ohayou, ore no namae wa, SHAAPU SHOOTAA desu!  lolno.

Meanwhile, Rocket Launcher is like Rifle Butt + 1.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

Cyan

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Cyan has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 08:44:53 am »

That looks like the klobb is firing rockets.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 02:37:41 pm »

Thats because it is.

Nice work VC

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 02:51:55 pm »

Its because he is emulating the nintendo 64 onto his computer and hacking it

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 05:48:08 pm »

My little weapon tester is trying to be hardcore, but the computer keeps rebooting.  Not sure why, but I'll blame PJ64 since I have seen it cough up a few error messages that were clearly programmer notes to remind himself to fix stuff later and never did.

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 08:32:56 pm »

I hope this will remain crash-free.

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 01:38:58 am »

very cool.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 01:57:30 am »

I can also make a Pew Pew 7 fire lasers.
OMG, i want this one.

Great work.

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 11:05:35 pm »

4 rounds a second? :o

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 12:39:39 am »

The story on fire rates:

Everything in Goldeneye seems to float around.  Run speeds waver around, accuracy wavers, even fire times.  There is a starting rate and a limiting rate.  For GES, I'm going to collect starting, limiting, and magazine average, and use the ones that fit the weapon's normal application.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 03:40:56 am »

This looks pretty amazing, this program you're making here. I tried dabbling in some GE64 Hacking before I got into GES, but I never got further than modifying weapon models to be the N64 controller from the watch menu, and compiling 1 or 2 levels into the game with the Goldeneye Setup Editor.

Any chance of this program being released after the completion of the mod?
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2008, 04:19:27 am »

It's very focused in application -- other than collecting firing statistics, it doesn't have much use, and I'll be re-writing a lot of it to facilitate the fire-rate tests that come up after I finish the accuracy tests, which I've mostly-quit for the night but I've covered everything up to crap shotgun. However, if I ever felt like teaching it to discover offsets on its own I could easily make a real-time player information viewer from it.  I might do that at the end just to have documentation of how the player data structure works, beyond goofy doodles on scrap paper.
Pages: [1]   Go Up