GoldenEye: Source Forums

• May 06, 2024, 11:57:32 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will you be getting hold of Mirror's Edge?

Yes
- 5 (27.8%)
No
- 6 (33.3%)
I'll wait until later
- 5 (27.8%)
Already preordered it
- 2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Mirror's Edge Hands Up?  (Read 13747 times)

Janus

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Janus has no influence.
Mirror's Edge Hands Up?
« on: July 25, 2008, 11:29:50 am »

Just a quick hands up as I was curious to see if anyone else was going to get Mirror's Edge.

Shaken not Stirred

• 00 Agent
  • Shaken not Stirred is looked down upon.
    • FP.tk
Re: Mirror's Edge Hands Up?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 08:04:47 am »

It's basically an interactive cutscene, except it's the whole game. The piss-easy difficulty of the "runner vision," doesn't help the game, and neither does the multiplayer, which isn't present.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the main character looks like shit.

Janus

• Secret Agent
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 10:37:11 am »

It's basically an interactive cutscene, except it's the whole game. The piss-easy difficulty of the "runner vision," doesn't help the game, and neither does the multiplayer, which isn't present.

Runner vision can be turned off, so you may want to just up the difficulty, it's not as if anyone actually plays games on normal and easy difficulties.

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 07:56:06 pm »

This game really looks like something to behold. I've always loved games with parkour-style free running like with what Altier can do in Assassin's Creed. I'm really looking forward to what this game has to offer.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 09:31:27 am »

Looks don't make a game, it looks beautiful but the real question is how is the gameplay. I am going to download the demo on my ps3 today when it hits psn since it doesn't come out until next week for the 360. And yes I will be getting this game most likely.
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 05:20:51 pm »

What's your psn Saiz? Mine's mbsurfer.

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 02:43:19 am »

I had a great time with the demo... Looking forward to the full version.

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 06:28:27 am »

Xbox Live Gamertag: Saiz
PSN: xX-Saiz-Xx

I played the demo and it was fun, I don't really like the ps3 controller for a game like this. I found my self pressing r1 to jump a lot at some points instead of l1 so I think I will have to define custom controls haha.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 11:01:00 am by Ryan [Saiz] »
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 04:20:15 pm »

I also played the demo on PS3, and I thought it was very creative and original. I kept thinking to myself the whole time that this should game should be in an arcade.  Many points of it including graphics and AI reminded me of games like Time Crisis, Virtua Cop, and other arcade games.. Hopefully level design will play a big part in this game because I know that this will get very repetitive after a couple of levels..

Janus

• Secret Agent
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 01:43:19 pm »

I don't understand why the PC version is going to be so far away...just to make it a "great experience".

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 03:14:47 am »

Good things in life are worth waiting for. We have what... 3 weeks left before its released? Perhaps we'll get more of an experience like with GTA4 (just without the bugs hopfully).
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 01:20:38 pm »

Mehh... another game which comes with SecuRom, i won't get it.
I dislike how they treat all the ppl who buy the game like they were pirates, and this nasty litte thing called SecuRom is definitly crossing the line.
In fact a lot of Bugs in GTA4 will be copy protection related.
I always buy my games and that way i just have good games.
But SecuRom prevented me from buying DeadSpace, Crysis Warhead and it will also preserve me buying Mirrors Edge.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2008, 03:43:40 pm »

But SecuRom prevented me from buying DeadSpace, Crysis Warhead and it will also preserve me buying Mirrors Edge.
SecuRom pwn... Do you realize how many money you save thanks to that thing?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2008, 04:48:01 pm »

SecuRom is a god damn joke! The game companies shell out more cash to keep that enterprise floating then they lose from the slice of the market Pirate's attack. I am glad they use SecuRom to tank their own games, I refused to buy GTA4 because of the DRM, but now its on Steam (along with most other EA games) so this is good :)

Anyone with a high speed internet connection can get a SecuRom "protected" game faster via Bit Torrent then driving to their local store. Fucking joke, its all beuocratic bullshit too, I know damn well the programmers and actual game designers CRINGE when they give their game to the mighty publisher EA because they know its going to get marred but they don't have a choice (until now, thank god Steam)

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2008, 05:53:26 pm »

These games have SecuRom even on Steam and there is no notification or something which tells you about this "feature" is beeing installed too.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up