GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 06:49:17 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound Designer?  (Read 9129 times)

winds

Sound Designer?
« on: June 11, 2008, 05:06:31 am »

Hey guys,

I just found out about this project through GameFAQs and i'm glad I did. Although I haven't played the original in many years, I used to play it religiously for over a year with my buddies when it was released. It has always been a favorite of mine. Anyways, I have recently graduated from a Sound Production course and would love to volunteer some of my skills. I am looking to help out with any sound designing this project needs, from sound design, BG effects, hard effects, and/or foley. I have some experience with commercials, movies, and tv shows, but sad to say not with games which is the area I wish to persue as a career. I have over 250 gigs worth of sound effects, as well as a few microphones with pro tools software for recording any foley needed. I would work hard on this project and more so would enjoy the opportunity as this is what I love to do. I look forward to hearing from you. Cheers.
-Jeff

Sporkfire

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sporkfire has no influence.
Re: Sound Designer?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 10:50:19 pm »

I'd like to see you on the team, though there are already 2 sound guys onboard. Usually the team wants some sample work, so if you are able to post some that will improve your chances. The decision will probably rest on basstronix and audix.

winds

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 12:53:53 am »

Thanks for the reply,
I can probably post up a commercial I worked on for school, though it might take me a day or two to post it. It will be in a .mov format as thats all my audio program is able to export in terms of video. Also the file may be upwards of 100mb, do you have any place I can upload it to? Thanks again and look forward to hearing from you or anyone else from your team.
Cheers,
Jeff.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 05:42:11 pm »

However, both of our guys are for music, we really dont have a sound FX guy, which we really should get because then we have our own sexy SFX

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Sporkfire

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sporkfire has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 06:44:16 pm »

However, both of our guys are for music, we really dont have a sound FX guy, which we really should get because then we have our own sexy SFX

True, true I can't wait for the day the DD44 has a proper sfx.

winds

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 04:35:58 am »

Hey guys,

Sorry i've been MIA for a bit, I was celebrating fathers day early. Also I had my commercial on another hard drive which isn't with me at the moment, so instead I added some sound FX to a random Goldeneye Source youtube video I found. It isn't that entertaining as the video doesn't have people killing each other, its just basic stuff. Also, some of the FX are just quick stuff I did to sample the video, but I would love to add more original and memorable goldeneye FX (ie bonds breaths when he gets shot) as well as creating my own effects. I uploaded the video to wikiupload, heres the url along with the original youtube vid.
Original Video -
Post SFX Video - http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=39186
Cheers guys.

EDIT: Sorry guys, I just listened back to it on my speakers (I originally mixed this on headphones) and I noticed the levels are a bit off, Ill try to fix it later, but for now you can kind of get the jist.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 09:57:06 pm by winds »
Pages: [1]   Go Up