GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 05:04:44 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Level Designer  (Read 8216 times)

Ge-Force

Level Designer
« on: February 22, 2008, 08:42:06 pm »

Hello GoldenEye:Source Team.

Yes, first of all, i saw on the frontpage that ge:s are recruting level designers. So, soon i own www.sourceart.com, with my work. So if you want to see my work, then go to my temp. site: http://www.sourceart.com.nhwebsrv10.needhost.dk/

My first & best game is GoldenEye. I loved it, and when i saw that someone were makeing it to the source engine, with better grapich.. then i thought, why don't ask for a job? Now im doing it, and my fav. map in goldeneye, is Dam! I just love it.. and Runway. I'm one of the few people, who still owns a 100% working Nintendo 64, and a working GoldenEye game.. so i can easy make a map and find research there ^^

And when i work for a mod, then the 1st rule for my selvf, is that i will learn more to get a better mapper. And my 2nd rule, is to make the best mod ever :) I really want to learn, from the great mappers as Semedi and sharp.. and ofc. all the others!

- Kosire (also knowen as ge-force)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 09:32:55 pm by Ge-Force »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Level Designer
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 11:37:31 pm »

Sorry dude, your maps look extremely sterile. There is limited lighting, very few props, no basic core design structure. Also, we accept 18+ only.

"Hi. My name is Rasmus, and I'm 13 years old. My nickname is mostly Kosire, but some people still call me Ge-Force, my other nickname."

Thanks for applying, but I don't think you are ready for this mod.

See his work in full (http://www.fpsbanana.com/members/maps/244834)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 11:39:52 pm by killermonkey »

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 11:46:58 pm »

keep cracking away at level design, your still VERY young, i wish i started doing CG stuff when i was your age.

talk with your folks to see if you can take some classes at community colleges for Art, photography (for lighting)  Architecture, and environmental design. start attempting to mimic the real world around you for when ever you build a level. i would also suggest learning a bit of Maya so you can start to build your own props, to push your levels to that next level.

keep posting your work online, and try to get as much criticism as you can on your work. if you stick with it, youll be a rock star level designer in no time.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Ge-Force

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 12:00:55 am »

Thanks for the words. In the further, my dream is to become a level designer for a big game company. And yes, i will take lessons in 3D art. I know, that if i just keeping doing mapping and release it.. then i will become something big, because for every day, i'll get better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up