GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 10:31:23 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: GE: Source Beta 1.5  (Read 23418 times)

7SEALS

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • 7SEALS is looked down upon.
Re: GE: Source Beta2
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2007, 08:30:51 am »

smooth 7SEALS somehow snuck surveillance somewhere super secret so 7SEALS shall solve the surprise of the release date. I suggest speed so 7SEALS is satisfied. Being severe is such a shame, but 7SEALS says DEVs are slow. Sorry.

2 christmas's in a row, why not make it 3?  ;)

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2007, 05:30:16 pm »

were planning on making it 4

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2007, 07:33:29 pm »

Well depends a lot on stability and playability of the mod. We really want to make sure this release is well tested and stable before releasing, and it is beta 1.5 btw :).
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2007, 07:37:06 pm »

smooth 7SEALS somehow snuck surveillance somewhere super secret so 7SEALS shall solve the surprise of the release date. I suggest speed so 7SEALS is satisfied. Being severe is such a shame, but 7SEALS says DEVs are slow. Sorry.

2 christmas's in a row, why not make it 3?  ;)

Haha, since we haven't come up with a release date yet, I'm not sure how you're going to figure one out :P
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2007, 11:50:35 pm »

working on Xmas sucks butt, i always thought that was really rough on the programmers. i kinda have a feeling i know what Santa goes through now lol.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

shorty1k

• Agent
  • shorty1k has no influence.
    • shorty1k.deviantart.com
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2007, 06:12:56 pm »

I'm finding as my skills improve in GE:S, the game is actually surprisingly balanced for an early beta. I was one of the masses that thought the ZMG was the only gun that could rack up your high scores, but really now I find the only guns I have trouble killing with are the Soviet and the Sniper Rifle. It feels oh so good to kill with the Cougar or the DD44 (my personal favorite). Really the only guns I would like to see powered up more are the Golden Gun and the Sniper Rifle.
Lovely party, pitty I wasn't invited.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2007, 07:34:07 pm »

I agree with you for the sniper. But it was is like that on the N64 game. And the Golden gun is PERFECT like it is in the BETA 1.

MtnJedi

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2007, 05:11:34 am »

Indeed, that's one reason why the sniper rifle was near useless in the original. Same thing with Perfect Dark. I practically never used in multiplayer.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2007, 10:47:31 am »

Except of "One-Hit-Kill-Mode" in PD, where you can choose the 2nd Firemodi of the Farsight and blast your enemy from the other side of the map right through the walls.

Sometimes you can use it on cradle, if LtK is enabled, but on other maps it's nearly useless.
Well, Surface would be a good sniper Level...

StrikerMan780

• Hellbender
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • StrikerMan780 has no influence.
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2008, 08:22:56 am »

Hello, I've been playing GE:S For a few weeks now, and I have to say I am damn impressed. ;D It is the one Goldeneye TC for any game that actually captures the original feel for the most part.
The only gripe I had as far as the feel was it seemed as if you were sliding across the floor instead of walking, since there is no head bobbing or weapon bobbing like in Goldeneye 007 for the N64.

That feature would be really nice to see in 1.5, and as well as the Idle drifting(View slowly and softly drifting in different directions when you are standing directly idle, play the n64 game, stand still, and you'll know what I mean).

As far as aim mode, It would be cool to have the aiming be "loose" like in the n64 game, and when your aiming crosshair reaches the edge of the screen, you turn in the appropriate direction. Believe me, this actually controls very well, I played GE007 in the Project64 Emulator, and with the Keyboard+Mouse set up in my Input plugin, as well with the Dual-Controller Setups in Goldeneye 007, using the mouse to aim like in a PC FPS. Was quite fun.

Other than those, I am bloody impressed, good work. oh, and a bit of advice: DO NOT DIE Like other Great mods out there!  ;)

Check out [SM]'s HL2: Deathmatch Server! I've worked hard on making it the best it can be.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2008, 08:57:43 am »

So due to not having any new releases in 2007, you guys were not eligible for the Moddb 08 awards right? If that is true, I am sad because I was really hoping you guys would get the glory you deserve and win 1st. It probably would have been enough publicity to bring you back up to the top. Anyway, I am sure you guys are perfecting everything, so thank you.

CCsaint10

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Semedi

• Retired Developer
  • Semedi has no influence.
    • GNardone.com
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2008, 03:00:10 pm »

As far as aim mode, It would be cool to have the aiming be "loose" like in the n64 game, and when your aiming crosshair reaches the edge of the screen, you turn in the appropriate direction. Believe me, this actually controls very well, I played GE007 in the Project64 Emulator, and with the Keyboard+Mouse set up in my Input plugin, as well with the Dual-Controller Setups in Goldeneye 007, using the mouse to aim like in a PC FPS. Was quite fun.

Heh trust me, that's been discussed many times amongst the team. Personally I'd love to see it happen. To me the controls are very much a part of what makes Goldeneye feel and play like Goldeneye, unique from any other FPS.

As for the moddb awards, it's correct that we weren't eligible due to not releasing this year. It's no big deal, there's plenty of great mods out there that deserve recognition  ;D
Sims 3 Producer - Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruGraham

MasterChief2829

• Agent
  • MasterChief2829 has no influence.
Re: GE: Source Beta 1.5
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2008, 06:11:53 pm »

I suggest add hands holding the guns, it feels really weird with no hands. Yeah I know, Goldeneye was like that... but this should change, imo.

nlf vikingclan

• Agent
  • nlf vikingclan has no influence.
    • {_MAD_} Recruiting
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2008, 07:51:36 pm »

no imo, no hands.

i rather want double the gun double the fun
www.nlfclan.net - nederlands only, www.gfxfiles.com - a graphics community

StrikerMan780

• Hellbender
  • Secret Agent
  • StrikerMan780 has no influence.
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2008, 06:46:33 pm »

Agreed. No hands thank you. Goldeneye 007 didn't have hands on the rifles, only on pistols. It should stay that way. It keeps the goldeneye feel.

Check out [SM]'s HL2: Deathmatch Server! I've worked hard on making it the best it can be.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up