GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 09:47:52 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prop Artist App  (Read 8065 times)

JezGreen

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • JezGreen has no influence.
Prop Artist App
« on: October 19, 2007, 05:25:34 pm »

Hi guys loving your work!
I’m essentially learning Maya / Photoshop and have been for just under 2 years. I don't have any working examples in game at the moment. Examples of my work can be found here -http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=39&t=539465

I'm sure that I would be capable of modeling, Uv'ing and texturing some props (however small) for you guys, and would love the opportunity!!

Environment Artist is ideally where I'd like to be, but I believe my work / skills aren’t up to the standard quite yet. Hope to hear from you
Jez

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
Re: Prop Artist App
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 08:04:05 pm »

i saw that post yesterday, and i really liked the styling in the first few images, i bumbed you to trial, so go ahead and make a new thread in the Trial Members Section, and we will get you something to do.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 08:23:15 pm »

Yea I think I remember reading that thread a little while back as well.  You look like you know how to model, however I can't really get a feel for your texturing skills because almost all of your work is cell shaded.  While it is a cool style, very few games are cell shaded, so it doesn't really tell an employer much.

With some guidance I think you could become a solid prop modeler.  Joining a mod team is a very good idea, my own work got a big boost in quality since joining.  For your career, you should really get a website though, 50-100 bucks a year isn't much money, and it is practically required in order to get a job. 

Looking forward to see how you handle the trial. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Sporkfire

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Sporkfire has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 09:56:24 pm »

Hi guys loving your work!
I’m essentially learning Maya / Photoshop and have been for just under 2 years. I don't have any working examples in game at the moment. Examples of my work can be found here -http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=39&t=539465

I'm sure that I would be capable of modeling, Uv'ing and texturing some props (however small) for you guys, and would love the opportunity!!

Environment Artist is ideally where I'd like to be, but I believe my work / skills aren’t up to the standard quite yet. Hope to hear from you
Jez

nice modeling.

JezGreen

• Agent
  • JezGreen has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 05:43:34 pm »

Thank you for the reply’s guys. I'm hoping this will really boost my knowledge and skills to a new level for me.

If you have time for guidance then I'm all ears, it would be much appreciated. Web site is on the horizon!

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Jez

Ps I’ve started the Trial Topic
Pages: [1]   Go Up