GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 01:02:02 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Damn you Microsoft  (Read 22522 times)

Polizei

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Polizei has no influence.
Re: Damn you Microsoft
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 02:22:33 am »

What the hell could they possibly have put in Halo 3 to make it an M rating? Then again Perfect Dark was rated M... for... basically no reason at all.

Perfect Dark was rated M because you shot AMERICANS who are REAL PEOPLE.

X23

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • X23 has no influence.
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 03:45:01 am »

Perfect Dark was rated M because you shot AMERICANS who are REAL PEOPLE.
YEE HAW GOD BLESS AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ConfusedWisdom

• Secret Agent
  • ConfusedWisdom has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2007, 02:52:35 am »

But seriously, what the fuck is the big deal about this?  Don't you think that the parent lets the child out in public, or lets them watch tv?  Cuz unless they don't, there is no fucking way in hell that this is the kid's first encounter with Master Chief.  He's EVERY-FUCKING-WHERE.  And if the kid can't even SEE an advertisement for an M rated game, are we going to have to pull R rated movie ads off the TV?  Will game stores only be allowed to put up displays for games that are rated T or under?  Are we going to have to change the things we show in public to shield our children from the real world?  I think not.

And I've never seen a Halo toy/cup anything an BK.  Maybe I missed it.  I went in today and there was a bunch of football shit in the display case.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2007, 03:26:03 am »

as far as im concerned ive seen Grand theft auto shit on TV/ movie, that should deffinately be M

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

oboe

• Secret Agent
  • oboe is looked down upon.
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2007, 07:42:36 am »

it's coming. don't worry about it.
Also, I told you I think Microsoft is fucked up because of how they're fucking spamming halo every god damn place.
may they all be tortured in hell.

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2007, 08:01:27 am »

Also, I told you I think Microsoft is fucked up because of how they're fucking spamming halo every god damn place.

It's statements like these that make it hard for me to take overtly religious people seriously.  Spouting off about protecting the children from violent images in one sentence, but in the next sentence advocating torturing people who don't agree with you.  Fortunately the 1st amendment protects against both of your points. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

oboe

• Secret Agent
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2007, 08:31:46 am »

I'm not overtly religious, I'm agnostic.
I just like to vocalize my hate. And Hate I have much of.

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2007, 10:49:33 am »

i wish the first amendment protected tits
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2007, 01:33:05 pm »

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

X23

• Secret Agent
  • X23 has no influence.
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2007, 04:29:51 pm »

I'm disgusted by little kids. It offends me. Does that mean I should make all the parents change their lifestyle for me? No. I tolerate them. They bring joy to other people, and are integral. Why can't parents tolerate what I enjoy (Society being open minded, and not having silly morals)? I swear, some parents are so pushy when it comes to the media, and "protecting" their children. I bet some parents would destroy the first amendment to protect their kids, or to make things "moral". They want to make it so only some places can show things they happen to deem offensive at certain times. Why don't I make them live in kid zones, and segregate them away from us?

Also, Konrad was right. You don't want advertisements for a VIDEO game about the FUTURE with ALIENS, but you wouldn't mind torturing people from Microsoft?

EDIT: Oops double post.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 04:48:46 pm by X23 »

ConfusedWisdom

• Secret Agent
  • ConfusedWisdom has no influence.
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2007, 04:39:46 pm »

And this is different from ANY OTHER CORPORATION how?  You see ads for McDonalds everywhere you turn.  And Wal-Mart.  I can't really give any more good examples because I don't watch TV anymore.  And every other mainstream coproration that has the money to advertise like a motherfucker.  So you're saying that corporations aren't allowed to advertise anymore?  As much as I hate it, I have to say that they have the right to do it.  It's not the corporation's job to protect the child, it's the parent's.

X23

• Secret Agent
  • X23 has no influence.
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2007, 04:49:55 pm »

The only place I understand limiting child advertising to is fast food. They did a study, and any food in a mcdonalds wrapper kids thought tasted better. Even if it was a carrot. Plus I hate obesity, and it's actually know to be harmful.

oboe

• Secret Agent
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2007, 05:43:40 pm »

And this is different from ANY OTHER CORPORATION how?  You see ads for McDonalds everywhere you turn.  And Wal-Mart.  I can't really give any more good examples because I don't watch TV anymore.  And every other mainstream coproration that has the money to advertise like a motherfucker.  So you're saying that corporations aren't allowed to advertise anymore?  As much as I hate it, I have to say that they have the right to do it.  It's not the corporation's job to protect the child, it's the parent's.
Since when did a video game need to quench your thirst, balance your checking account, feed your fat fat belly, and clothe you all at the same time...?
They're just going off the deep end with this crap.

MetalLizard

• Secret Agent
  • MetalLizard has no influence.
    • Janus-Syndicate
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2007, 10:30:53 pm »

Ok, I am starting to agree with Weclock now. There is a good show on the Discovery channel called future weapons. Halo 3 has now infiltrated that show, 3 episodes starting on Monday night. Halo 3 is everywhere, in fact it's worse than pokemon right now. Halo 3 mountain dew, halo 3 discovery channel programs, halo 3 secret advertisements, halo 3 burger king toys, Halo is now taking up 1/3 of the word use in the United States.

Is the game really better than anything ever in existence? Well, they are acting like it is. Should they burn in hell, and be tortured? Uhh... no... just steal their money by pirating halo 3, or better yet, don't buy it at all. Over 100 million copies will probably be sold though, so yea... fuck halo 3 and Micro$oft. Remember folks, these are the people who bought out Rareware, and made a horrible piece of shit of Perfect Dark on their Xbox 360, making sure they can never make a good game ever again.
This is America. A land founded by slave owners obsessed with liberty.

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2007, 11:08:31 pm »

Its called marketing dude, and with much of the 360s future being bet on this game, it isn't surprising that they are trying to create a huge marketing push. If the game turns out to be good, I don't see the point in boycotting a good game just because it has a lot of hype surrounding it. Look at bioshock, that game has a huge amount of hype right now, and its an awesome game.  Just because it has hype doesn't mean people should jump from the bandwagon of liking it, to the bandwagon of hating it just because it is popular. 

I never particularly liked halo, and I don't have a 360, but if the game turns out to be really good, and they port it to the pc, damn straight I'll buy it.  I'm a gamer first and foremost, and I'm not going to let politics or popularity put me off a good gameplay experience. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up