GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:57:32 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Server only in lan  (Read 5857 times)

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.
    • Youtube Channel
Server only in lan
« on: January 17, 2012, 10:17:41 pm »

My server does not appear in the list of servers goldeneye source but only to the LAN section. sv_lan is 0 and a player has connect to my server with my ip 

« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:20:24 pm by FReXx »
Released maps:
Download - Ge_Bunker_Nw - Updated for Ges 5.0

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Server only in lan
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 12:03:28 am »

Change the map once.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 01:12:22 am »

Or send a 'heartbeat' (that is the actual command without the ') to the master server, so you'll have your server listed.

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
  • FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.
    • Youtube Channel
Released maps:

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 04:25:11 am »

If the server is hosted on your network, it will show up in the LAN tab, and wont in the server browser. As the IP YOU see is a local (192.168....)

You should be able to connect off local and public IP.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 04:45:23 am »

If the server is hosted on your network, it will show up in the LAN tab, and wont in the server browser. As the IP YOU see is a local (192.168....)

You should be able to connect off local and public IP.
Nobody sees in the list.
Released maps:

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 05:43:40 am »

Make sure windows firewall isn't blocking port 27015 TCP/UDP

sometimes you have to make an explicit exception. You can just turn off the firewall for a little bit to see if it works, if it does make the exception and turn the firewall back on.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 07:29:27 am »

Make sure windows firewall isn't blocking port 27015 TCP/UDP

sometimes you have to make an explicit exception. You can just turn off the firewall for a little bit to see if it works, if it does make the exception and turn the firewall back on.

Usually Windows or your active firewall will tell you that something has been blocked the first time a program runs trying to go online and asks you to allow it. Strange how all of that didn't work as yet. I figured it wouldn't be as different as setting up a CS: S listen server for some pals, which I already did from time to time; even hosted a private GE: S server once the same way I think. And you basically did what I'd do there: sv_lan 0 followed by hearttbeat followed by changelevel. Did it in the ingame console window, though, although I think that shouldn't make much of a difference.You might want to try have someone connecting using your public IP though, which you can get from sites like http://whatismyipaddress.com/ or such. Other than what has been said by everybody else, I have no idea what the issue might be.

P.S.: If I'm not completely mistaken you can put those commands in your config that is executed once the server starts (which doesn't change that much except you don't have to type them time and again)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 07:31:54 am by coolDisguise »
Pages: [1]   Go Up