Debriefing > Off-Topic Lounge

Bond 25 movie announcement

(1/2) > >>

dieglhix:
http://www.007.com/bond-25-announcement-2/

CptLima:
It's good news.

It's also amazing to think the number of Bond movies there are - soon to be 25 official ones - but so few "good" Bond games. Lots of unused content out there.

dieglhix:
Indeed, I have downloaded them all but have seen only around 5 007 movies in my life.

I think Goldeneye movie was Meh, compared to the game. I haven't ever heard about someone talking about the movie. It seems it was never meant to be timeless or legendary, unlike From Russia With Love (Haven't seen it yet)

kraid:
Goldeneye is one of my favorite Bond movies.
The other one is Licence to Kill.
I'm not such a fan of Moore or Conery and also didn't really like Craig's Bond Movies except for Skyfall.

But if i had to choose, i'd surely take Goldeneye as my alltime favorite.
- the first time he plays Bond, Brosnan still acts fresh and not like a desillusioned old Agent e.g. like in Die another Day
- (some) Russians are still the enemy
- Sean Bean does a wonderfull job in beeing a two faced Character, a friend and a foe at the same time
- the soundtrack of Eric Serra is simply awesome
- it's the last Bond Movie where there is no crazy CGI going on (no invisible cars, no ride the cgi wave...)
- Famke Janssen
- many iconic moments a lot of us can still repeat word by word (half of everything..., for england james?, Slow down your weapon...)
- a huge diversity of locations

oh and did i mention Famke Janssen yet?

Ofc. beeing fan of the game adds another new Level (phun intended) to the experience, but i think even without that Goldeneye would still be one of my favorite Bond movies.

dieglhix:
Why was Brosnan laid off, anyways? Was he charging way too much?

And yes, Xenia is the hottest.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version